RF remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

knute

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
My RV has a D10 receiver with a rc16 remote. I would like to upgrade to a RF remote so that I can use the remote from outside and from the RV bedroom. I dont want to have to have line of sight. Can I simply purchase an RF remote like the rc24 or does the receiver have to be RF capable as well? Is the D10 RF capable?

If simply replacing the remote isnt the answer, what would a simple solution be to negate the need for line of sight?

Thanks
Bill

i have a spare rc24 you can get from me, as to if the d11 is compatable, i dunno. check and see if there is a rf jack on the back of it for the atenna that you'll need for rf

No RF jack on the back of the D10 that I can see. Is there any other options?

I thought in the past I saw this device that replaced of the AA batteries to transmit, then had an antenna that mounted in front of the receiver but I cant seem to remember what it was called.

I tried a couple of different brands of those little transmitters that replace the AA or AAA battery and neither worked very well (at least not on my wife's R10 remote). Ended up using the RCA D940 remote signal sender setup (the little cones). Works fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)