RF Remotes Loses RF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

str8poolbanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Johnstown, PA
I have a bar that I installed 3 H21's in and then purchased the RF remotes from Perfect10. I had all 3 RF remotes running fine, then all of a sudden all 3 stopped working and I could only get 1 to return to RF mode, the other 2 are running IR which I cant have as the boxes are concealed behind the bar mirror in a closet. Any ideas on what went wrong?

TIA

I have a bar that I installed 3 H21's in and then purchased the RF remotes from Perfect10. I had all 3 RF remotes running fine, then all of a sudden all 3 stopped working and I could only get 1 to return to RF mode, the other 2 are running IR which I cant have as the boxes are concealed behind the bar mirror in a closet. Any ideas on what went wrong?

TIA

Have you tried the typical responses ?
Rerun the RF and remote set ups ....
Reboot the boxes and replace the batteries .

Have you tried the typical responses ?
Rerun the RF and remote set ups ....
Reboot the boxes and replace the batteries .

Yes, the only thing I havent tired was seeing if I missed a software upgrade to any of the receivers.....but I doubt that would cause the setting to the RF to just drop.....new batteries, reset boxes, reset remotes back to IR, then tried to go back to RF....only 1 receiver went back to RF.

Make sure the remotes are RF remotes, you can tell by the FCC sticker on back. And that you are using the right 6 digits of RID #. Try it with me, with receiver and remote in IR mode, enter the menu of the receiver:

1. menu> parental, fav's, & setup> system setup> remote> IR/RF>

2. you will see either IR or RF, tap whichever to reveal both

3. press RF or RF & DONE, the remote won't work any longer, this is important, if still controls the receiver you have done something wrong. If doesn't control the receiver, do the following on the RF remote:

a) dtv

b) press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks

c) enter 9 6 1

d) press CH UP

e) enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment

f) press SELECT

Make sure the remotes are RF remotes, you can tell by the FCC sticker on back. And that you are using the right 6 digits of RID #. Try it with me, with receiver and remote in IR mode, enter the menu of the receiver:

1. menu> parental, fav's, & setup> system setup> remote> IR/RF>

2. you will see either IR or RF, tap whichever to reveal both

3. press RF or RF & DONE, the remote won't work any longer, this is important, if still controls the receiver you have done something wrong. If doesn't control the receiver, do the following on the RF remote:

a) dtv

b) press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks

c) enter 9 6 1

d) press CH UP

e) enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment

f) press SELECT

I appreciate the walk through, but as a senior installer I have done all of that. As stated the remotes worked when I initally set the bar up with these three remotes. I just wish deep down that the customer wouldve sprung for another universal RTI remote for that side of the room like he did for the main bar with the other 13 tvs....lol.....im lost and have no idea on what my next step is to make this work for the bar owner.....grrrrrrr

Status
Please reply by conversation.