RG-11 connectors...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Anyone have a source of good RG-11 connectors? I seem to have found a 200ft roll at the last ham flea market, but there were no connectors. Think I can use an N male and use an N to F connector adapter, but I would rather just find a few regular connectors for this feedline. Also since I don't have a large compression tool for 1/2" feedline, a crimp type would be preferred.
Tnx in advance!
-C.

Looked up the N connectors I have in stock, smallest are for LDF-50 and LDF-70 which either one would cost more than purchasing the 200ft of cable brand new along with a bag of connectors. Guess that's a non issue (except I should be ordering 1/2" LMR feedline N connectors soon since I go thru them fast!).
Found some PPC compression connectors in the far east and on e-bay, maybe I should just order a tool as well... Can call it future-proofing..

Source locally has crimp RG-11 connectors but has only two in stock for $18/ea but requires a drive to NW Winterpeg. Much to scary of a drive to go there! :)

Don't see your link (if you added one) FaT Air...

Can't seem to get anything out of MCM up here Waylew, tried ordering a rasberry pi and they cancelled the order even when using a US delivery address (Didn't like the Canadian billing address I guess??) Some companies are just strange.

Can't seem to get anything out of MCM up here Waylew, tried ordering a rasberry pi and they cancelled the order even when using a US delivery address (Didn't like the Canadian billing address I guess??) Some companies are just strange.
Thanks to NAFTA, exporting to Canada is a relative pain in the backside.

The billing address is of absolutely no consequence as taxes, fees and duties are based solely on the ship-to address.

www (dot) amazon.com/Skywalker-Signature-Rg-11-Crimp-type-Connector/dp/B009ZDK0QC/ref=sr_1_10/190-9695200-0143019

Ship to me, pick up the next time thru ???

That's ok I have an address in Pembina ND, only minutes away. Can stop by anyway though, maybe will find another channel master dish for you... :)

I see some RG11 connectors have a crimp/solder-on center conductor much like the N-connectors have. This would be preferrable to any slide-in spring-loaded type of connection... Will have to do some more research on Sunday.
-Busy tomorrow with emcomm prepardness exercises, might hear us on the air around 10:30am 3760KHz..

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
Done deal...
Ordered 25 PPC connectors off Amazon, and the compression tool recommended by Brian. Should be arriving early November. Hope I have a chance to install some of it before the snow flies up here! Will see how it all works out.
Thank you all for the advice!
-C.

Reactions: Titanium
Got my connectors thru Amazon today, nice looking connectors! Can't wait to try them. :)
Checked on the status of the compression tool... not looking so good... It shipped from the US through DHL which means they will likely be tied up at the border and customs warehouse for the "customary" 1 month waiting period and mandatory $50 brokerage fee, then be shipped across the country a couple of times by mule train, then delivered to the farthest destination possible from my address for (local?) pick up. Looking at mid-January... :(

They said it should take about 10 days for international shipping when I asked them before purchasing. I had asked them to ship via USPS.
Will see who's estimate is closer.

Can't believe it! Guess what came in the mail today! Package had USPS stamped all over it... Guess the shipper sent me the wrong information in the email but DID send it as I requested. Will have to bug them about the email but "likes" for the fast shipping.
Think that is a record for delivery time from the US to Canada to my mail box.
-C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts