RG6 Quad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dish head

Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
I put RG6 Quad cable on my system. I have a Coolsat 5000 receiver and SG2100 motor. When I finished and connected the cable to the receiver, the front panel of the receiver just flickerd and would not go on. I believe the receiver was on when I did this. I have another Coolsat receiver which I hooked up but it did the samething. It will not move the motor, I replaced the cable with the old cable but it still would not move the motor. I also cannot move the motor with the manual button, plus I reset the receiver with no luck. Is there a chance I did something to the receiver?

Last edited:
Maybe time to try a reset on the SG2100, if you can return to the "0" position before reseting anything!

It tells you on page 5 how to do it!

Is the LED on the SG-2100 lit? Perhaps its not getting power... When you reset the motor (use a bent paperclip, there is a pinhole for this just next to the LED), make sure the LED blinks orange and then back to green before releasing the reset button.

I am just a newbe but i thought i messed up my receiver last weekend because it was doing the same thing. I found out that when i put my remote in my pocket to go on the roof i must have push a button to change it away from satellite. push the button on the remote to choose satellite and see if that works. It worth a shot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satellite layout?

Quad LNB holder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)