Status
Please reply by conversation.

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
Two questions regarding the cable going into the receiver (not of course the receiver's RF output cable):

1) Do I need to buy RG6 with an attached ground wire? I assume so but just want to make sure since I'm not fully informed yet as to what is needed to fully and properly ground the system.

2) What is the maximum cable run permitted for use with my setup (standard Ku LNB and SG2100)? My assumption here is that you need to add up all lengths between the LNB and receiver if you have a motor/switch(es)/ground block in the middle?

Thanks for your help

TuxCoder said:
Two questions regarding the cable going into the receiver (not of course the receiver's RF output cable):

1) Do I need to buy RG6 with an attached ground wire? I assume so but just want to make sure since I'm not fully informed yet as to what is needed to fully and properly ground the system.

you can run a separate ground wire.
2) What is the maximum cable run permitted for use with my setup (standard Ku LNB and SG2100)? My assumption here is that you need to add up all lengths between the LNB and receiver if you have a motor/switch(es)/ground block in the middle?

Thanks for your help
mine is a bout 100 feet and I have no issues. This is rinning through a motor and a 4X1 switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)