Ribbon Cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

calmeidajr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
NJ
Anyone know where I can get a good price on ribbon cable to wire up a satscan mover?

It seems pricey everwhere I look.

Anyone know where I can get a good price on ribbon cable to wire up a satscan mover?

If you're looking for the regular C Band type ribbon cable, the last of that I bought came from Skyvision a couple of years back and was $1.20 a foot.

Today, if I needed to replace my ribbon cable (installed in the early 80's) I'd go with the 7 conductor sprinkler wire. Use 2 conductors on each + and - motor lead. And a run of RG-6. It's nice to save a $ whenever ya can.

Today, if I needed to replace my ribbon cable (installed in the early 80's) I'd go with the 7 conductor sprinkler wire. Use 2 conductors on each + and - motor lead. And a run of RG-6. It's nice to save a $ whenever ya can.

Thanks

Another good place to check is with former C band dealers/installers in your area. Even a lot of todays pizza dealers used to sell satellite dishes so check with them. I found a couple of installers near me that had some ribbon cable stashed away and forgot about it until I asked if they had some. They were happy to sell it to someone like me who was going to put it to good use instead of just tossing it out. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts