Rich-Rod Hates Kids

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
U-M football players to miss Heroes for Kids fundraiser

U-M football players to miss Heroes for Kids fundraiser - The Saginaw News Online - Michigan Newspaper - MLive.com

The fourth annual Heroes For Kids golf benefit likely still will take place Wednesday at Apple Mountain Golf Club, but not as originally planned.

Larry Preston, one of the directors of the event which raises money for Saginaw youth recreation, said he learned today that no University of Michigan football players are able to take part in Wednesday’s benefit.

"It's a big disappointment for all of us," Preston said. "The (U-M) players always have said how much they enjoy Heroes For Kids, and the strength and conditioning coach (Mike Barwis) said he wants to work with us on this next year.

"But this workout is mandatory, and all players must attend. It's coach Rod's call on that. This is his first year (at U-M), and he's doing everything he can to make sure his team is successful."

Former U-M football player and current Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley started the event four years ago along with former Michigan State University football player and current St. Louis Rams defensive lineman Clifton Ryan. The two launched the Heroes For Kids benefit as a way to give back to Saginaw, where both were born and played sports when they were youngsters.

--That’s just awesome. This is an event the Michigan players have been supporting for 4 years, and was started by former player Lamarr Woodley. The event is called Heroes for Kids. Guess who won’t be a hero after this week?

Oh yeah, one other thing. According to NCAA rules, no team is allowed to have “mandatory conditioning” at this point in the summer. But to tell a charity event none of your players can come because it’s a mandatory conditioning session? Rich Rod, you really need to learn what this phrase means- Do The Right Thing.

Michigan will take a beating from other teams, IMO.

EVERYONE is gone- Henne, Hart, Woodley, Long, etc.

I think they could even lose to Notre Dame!

Michigan will take a beating from other teams, IMO.

EVERYONE is gone- Henne, Hart, Woodley, Long, etc.

I think they could even lose to Notre Dame!

Easy there....while they have lost many seniors and have a new coach, I dont see how they finish low in the big Ten

Illinois-They have the running QB, but last year with henne out, still won on there home field

Penn State-Hearing that for like the last 6-7 years...Still waiting for Penn state to beat Michigan

MSU-Next, stop celebrating untill the game is over.

OSU-No talk here, you have our number right now in the battle and the talent, I am a michigan fan, but a realist as well. Though on that Day in Novemember who knows......

Wisconsin-Again year after year hearing its our year to beat michigan....

Just my thoughts on some of the upper level teams in the Big ten

Michigan is going to be fun. RR had some success, beating up on cupcakes in a joke conference where he has 10 times the resources of the other, mostly fan-less, history-less, and hap-less, joke programs. A despite the fact that he should have won every conference game he played, still could not dominate.

Bill Stewart, a career position coach, who failed at VMI and spent 10 years in exile as a CFL assistant, will prove that anybody can coach WVU, because it simply does not play anybody; while RR, now having to play schools that actually are equal to his own, will fail and spectacularly so. Five years and OUT.

Wisconsin-Again year after year hearing its our year to beat michigan....

Wisconsin is 2-2 vs. Michigan the last four years, including a 37-21 thumping over Michigan last year that cost the Wolverines a share of the Big Ten title.

Man is this headline taken out of text.

NO WHERE does it say that Rich Rodreguiz HATES kids .

He decided to have a mandatory practice... which I think is a bad design on his part, the practice could be moved to any time, so I'm not condoning them not going to this event, but it did not say anywhere what the TITLE implies.

Jimbo

He decided to have a mandatory practice... which I think is a bad design on his part, the practice could be moved to any time, so I'm not condoning them not going to this event, but it did not say anywhere what the TITLE implies.

Jimbo

It was kinda tongue and cheek Jimbo, but you must realize that by R-Rod making his players practice during an annual youth benefit that the players typically participate in doesn't reflect well on his already questionable character.

Jimbo

Thank you for that Jimbo. Let it be known that he was not aware of the event. First year coach, still feeling his way around some of MICHIGAN's traditions and past practices. Sure seems like MICHIGAN is a school everyone loves to hate around here.

Thank you for that Jimbo. Let it be known that he was not aware of the event. First year coach, still feeling his way around some of MICHIGAN's traditions and past practices. Sure seems like MICHIGAN is a school everyone loves to hate around here.

Wait a minute here, there has to be someone around there that keeps track of activities like this and informs the coaches and team well in advance. this did not just come up this week, it's been on the books for quite some time now, there has to be people that coordinate this type of stuff and forward it to the coaches.

Jimbo

Tell that to the poor kids in Saginaw Paul! ;)

According to Justin Borlen, (or whatever that kid's name is who transferred to the "evil school down south"), Rod has no "family values" what-so-ever.

What a crock, do you really believe Coach Rod would stand in the way of charity, just to have a practice? I'll stand by words from the previous post.

According to Justin Borlen, (or whatever that kid's name is who transferred to the "evil school down south"), Rod has no "family values" what-so-ever.

What a crock, do you really believe Coach Rod would stand in the way of charity, just to have a practice? I'll stand by words from the previous post.

As you may know, its also been reported that Mr. Borlen, was not a fan of the new workout structure where lineman will be in shape and quick. I repsect what loyd carr did. But I am excited for this new change and revamping of the Michgian system

As you may know, its also been reported that Mr. Borlen, was not a fan of the new workout structure where lineman will be in shape and quick. I repsect what loyd carr did. But I am excited for this new change and revamping of the Michgian system

Agree with both posts! I am so excited for the College Football season to kick-off.

As you may know, its also been reported that Mr. Borlen, was not a fan of the new workout structure where lineman will be in shape and quick.

I take that statement with a grain of salt, EVERY coach comes in and says he will get them in better shape than the last guy did.

Jimbo

I take that statement with a grain of salt, EVERY coach comes in and says he will get them in better shape than the last guy did.

Jimbo

The only thing is about this is Rich-Rod brings an entire diffrent philopshy here from the past 30 years.

Last edited:
+1. Out of the stone age, bring in the new. I'm excited as hell about this season. I think they will be better than a lot of the pundits think. It all depends how quickly the O-line develops. ( A sophmore, and 4 freshmen). The defense will have to carry them for a while. By the way Jimbo, quite a few ex-Wolverines came back to Ann Arbor to participate in workouts with the new strength coach, and they all said it was a radical change from the previous guy. The emphasis being on speed and explosiveness. We'll see how this works out, but I like the change in direction.

GO BLUE!!!

+1. Out of the stone age, bring in the new. I'm excited as hell about this season. I think they will be better than a lot of the pundits think. It all depends how quickly the O-line develops. ( A sophmore, and 4 freshmen). The defense will have to carry them for a while. By the way Jimbo, quite a few ex-Wolverines came back to Ann Arbor to participate in workouts with the new strength coach, and they all said it was a radical change from the previous guy. The emphasis being on speed and explosiveness. We'll see how this works out, but I like the change in direction.

GO BLUE!!!

Yes, from what I have heard about the new trainer, his training is totally different then what is being commonly done. Many have said it was tough, but have survived and you are right NFL players have come back for the training.

While I dont think they will be BCS bound...I find it real hard even with the graduations and new style that they will be a five win team as many including SI have them pegged for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)