Rick Pitino Starring in Knocked Up 2

:up i especially agree that this has nothing to do with sports and i hate seeing crap like this all over espn. i'm tuning in for sports news, not this!

Yeah, it's kind of contradicting of ESPN to be all over this story, yet a few weeks ago refused to say a peep about the Ben Roethlisberger. Hmmm.....

Yeah, it's kind of contradicting of ESPN to be all over this story, yet a few weeks ago refused to say a peep about the Ben Roethlisberger. Hmmm.....

it's contradicting but it may also be that the media doesn't have enough material on this to make a huge story out of it. maybe i'm wrong about that..............

Am I the only one who saw this thread under "new posts" but didn't notice it was the Sports forum... and was very happy to learn that it wasn't announcing a sequel to that awful movie? :)

The only thing that I find interesting in all this is how alot of folks and the media find it more important/relevant that he had sex with another woman that was not his wife than the fact that she tried to extort him out of $10 million...go figure.

The only thing that I find interesting in all this is how alot of folks and the media find it more important/relevant that he had sex with another woman that was not his wife than the fact that she tried to extort him out of $10 million...go figure.
The attempted extortion isn't the most interesting part of this. She wasn't just some random woman. They had a history, and that is what is fascinating. Look at it this way. The woman tries to extort Pitino and claims he raped her. The only way for him to vindicate himself is to tell the whole ugly truth about what really went on. This woman will be forgotten soon enough, I already can't remember her name. Pitino goes on, but with all his dirty laundry known to the public. It's like what happened with the SC governor who went to Argentina. The only way for him to explain what was going on was to fall on his sword.

It's a news story more than a sports story, but a significant one nonetheless. I agree with Sandra that this reveals a lot about Pitino's character and may influence recruiting decisions down the road. (I won't even get into the whole Catholic/abortion issue....;))

Hasn't hurt Isiah Thomas has it?

Ahhh but you seem to be ignoring the biggest elephant in the room....

The fact that Rick gave the mistress "hush money" for an abortion. If it were only a simple thing like him cheating on his wife, the nation would've had it's fill of the story after 1 day. Everyone in public, from politicians to sports figures all seem to cheat on a daily basis (there's a new one in the news every day it seems), but handing over $3k for an abortion, that's a new one....

Ahhh but you seem to be ignoring the biggest elephant in the room....

The fact that Rick gave the mistress "hush money" for an abortion. If it were only a simple thing like him cheating on his wife, the nation would've had it's fill of the story after 1 day. Everyone in public, from politicians to sports figures all seem to cheat on a daily basis (there's a new one in the news every day it seems), but handing over $3k for an abortion, that's a new one....

...it would depend on your views on abortion...which we will not get into. I mean whether you are for or against it....trying to extort someone for $10 million due to a false rape accussation.

None taken.....;) Because they were a no-name university. But it did not effect Thomas in recruiting...and that was the question asked....if anything, it has HELPED FIU.

With what? Has Thomas recruited well? I haven't been paying attention. The only thing I've heard out of FIU is all the talk about Bikini Wash Fund Raisers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts