This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Riddle Me This, Where Is Your Search History Stored?

bgsmallwood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
The Nations
Long story short, my Vip211 died day before yesterday.
Today a technician replaced it with another receiver.

I knew I would have to reprogram my favorites and recreate my list of DVR timers for the external HD.

To my total amazement, when I checked my search history everything I had in my previous search history was still there.

SOooo, now my question is this: How is that possible?
I don't think it is stored on the EHD so it has to be stored with my account at Dish network.

Any other alternatives?

i still think that you should be able to save a copy of your timers from Dish Remote access. this would be a great thing if you have a receiver die or upgrade. i have a 922 and can save them to remote but on my 722, no K, i don't have that option like the 722k receivers have with the 20/21.0 remotes that come with them.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I have had to replace several receivers over the years and it's a royal PITA to have to write down all 70 or so timers I have and then re-create them. Then if there are some shows that are not on when you re-create them but will be coming on in a month or two, you can't even make that timer other than a dish pass.

Last edited:
I think you guys are on to something.... It would be nice to be able to store our settings to the EHD, Not sure that would translate to a different model receiver, but at least a same model replacement it would...