ridiculous commercial volume

mobimop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Southwest
Hi all,

Recently joined Dish in the last 30 days from Cable/Tivo HD. I have the VIP 922 and so far have enjoyed the experience, miss a few Tivo features but overall it's working ok.

However I'm super annoyed by the ridiculous increase in volume with commercials on Dish. Cable did this so but nowhere close to what my experience is with Dish, I've been looking around for some solutions and I've come across this:

https://www.srslabs.com/store/store...idProduct=36&gclid=CIHottH8naICFQpciAod_CU8ww

I think this will work plugged in between my Yamaha RX-V863 receiver and my VIP 922, has anyone else tried this on Dish and any other receivers?

Hi all,

Recently joined Dish in the last 30 days from Cable/Tivo HD. I have the VIP 922 and so far have enjoyed the experience, miss a few Tivo features but overall it's working ok.

However I'm super annoyed by the ridiculous increase in volume with commercials on Dish. Cable did this so but nowhere close to what my experience is with Dish, I've been looking around for some solutions and I've come across this:

https://www.srslabs.com/store/store...idProduct=36&gclid=CIHottH8naICFQpciAod_CU8ww

I think this will work plugged in between my Yamaha RX-V863 receiver and my VIP 922, has anyone else tried this on Dish and any other receivers?

Dish is supposed to be working on a software solution to this issue, I believe from this same company, that they will download to the sat box.

If you do a search, there is a pretty in depth thread about it. Covers pros and cons.

If you think the commercials are loud, think of a Billy Mays commercial then on Dish (if he was still alive)

It would wake up the neighbors :D

The 922 has volume leveling in the menu under settings. The 722k has it too. I keep mine leveled unless I am watching a movie, then I turn it off so I can hear the full range of explosions , car crashes etc.

Hi all,

I have two 722k's and the volume leveling is enabled. All my tv's have some sort of audio leveling software as well and the load commercials seem to get past all of it from time to time. If you get one of those boxes please let us know how well it works. Welcome aboard btw! :)

The volume leveling software has to be the biggest joke in the dish software department. Their inserted commercials are the worst, if they fixed those at the source there would be no need for a software fix.

But, these are the same guys who decided that making "TV2" respond to an IR remote required extra hardware.

The 922 has volume leveling in the menu under settings. The 722k has it too. I keep mine leveled unless I am watching a movie, then I turn it off so I can hear the full range of explosions , car crashes etc.

It's on by default and doesn't work....:rant:

I hate those damn LOLLIPOP LOLLIPOP Dell commercials. Every two minutes!

Oh yea, those are beginning to piss me off also.

Since when did Dell turn into Willie Wonka and the Chocolate factory?

As far as sound leveling, I don't have the issue running the audio out of my TV, its only when I have the surround sound turned on.

Needless to say I have it turned off most of the time now.

The volume leveling software sucks

I turned off the volume leveling software the 1st day it came out. It is one of the worse sound comp/limiters I've ever heard. It's like a DBX turn to infinite compression. Pump, pump , pump like a bicycle tire pump. Makes me sick to listen to it.:rant:

I rarely watch live tv . But the commercials sometimes slip through when I am on the computer . But I can tell you that the leveling feature works for me . I have been at work and listen to the DISH sat receiver hooked up to a regular 13" sdtv. It is a commercial account. The commercials on that tv are definitely much LOUDER than anything on my home tv.

The volume leveling software has to be the biggest joke in the dish software department. Their inserted commercials are the worst, if they fixed those at the source there would be no need for a software fix.

+1

The problem I see with the device the OP mentioned is:

Supports 2-channel audio from HDMI input to HDMI output ports

It doesn't mention 5.1 audio broadcasts. therefore I assume you lose 5.1 audio if you happen to have such a setup.

I hate those damn LOLLIPOP LOLLIPOP Dell commercials. Every two minutes!

Why are the computers so expensive if all they have to do to make one is squirt some toothpaste looking stuff out and stamp it and bake it in a microwave while some guys sing "Lollipop" to it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)