Right equipment for KU/C bands combo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bidawwi

Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Hi Guys,
I live in northern California. I am currently using a 32' dish and ku band lnb (galaxy 17 & 19). I heard that C band is a better quality than Ku band. Also, there are some channels I am interested in only exist through the C band. Could you you guys recommend the right equipment that will enable me to receive both bands?
What type of ku/c lnbf combo? The right dish size? etc...
Thank you guys.

by the way, I love this forum. There is a wealth of information relating to anything that has to do with FTA that does not exist anywhere else.

I would keep that dish for Ku only and then find you a 10 Foot dish for C-Band and put a Titanium C1-PLL on it and just run them both through a DiSEqC switch.

Hi Guys,
I live in northern California. I am currently using a 32' dish and ku band lnb (galaxy 17 & 19). I heard that C band is a better quality than Ku band. Also, there are some channels I am interested in only exist through the C band. Could you you guys recommend the right equipment that will enable me to receive both bands?
What type of ku/c lnbf combo? The right dish size? etc...
Thank you guys.

by the way, I love this forum. There is a wealth of information relating to anything that has to do with FTA that does not exist anywhere else.

Where did you get a 32 foot dish? :)

My setup is the same as Ke4est suggested and it works real well. On my C band dish I have a Titanium C1WPLL LNBF, which is almost exactly the same as the C1PLL and it works awesome. The C1PLL LNBF is a very good choice, especially for the short money it cost.

Like Ke4est said, 10' or bigger would be best. If it's to be a motorized C dish, then you need a mover for it too, either a V Box or ASC1 from Titanium.

Where did you get a 32 foot dish? :)

My setup is the same as Ke4est suggested and it works real well. On my C band dish I have a Titanium C1WPLL LNBF, which is almost exactly the same as the C1PLL and it works awesome. The C1PLL LNBF is a very good choice, especially for the short money it cost.

Like Ke4est said, 10' or bigger would be best. If it's to be a motorized C dish, then you need a mover for it too, either a V Box or ASC1 from Titanium.

Oops! that was a typo. I meant a 32 inch dish.

Thanks

Oops! that was a typo. I meant a 32 inch dish. I was wondering if the next size up would do it.

Thanks

Most people on the FTA forum prefer the separate dish route. But to answer the question, You need a C-Band size dish, solid or perforated is best. If you are thinking a large offset KU dish then you won't be getting that much C-Band and you will loose a little KU in the process. But that works for some folks. I use one dish for both bands and have very good reception. 10' perforated dish with a Dual Orthomode feed and 4 Norsat LNBs. A Corotor feed would be a good choice too. There is a low priced combo LNBF, WSI NS741, but those are not as good as the others I mentioned. But for the money it's good :) I have one Dual Ortho with PLLs on it, retail $1200 cheap ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)