Want input

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Elkview

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 12, 2008
Elkview,West Virginia
I have 2 geosat 90 cm dishes. One I have set up with a motor and pickup satellites from 83 AMC 9 to 125 AMC 21 which I don't get anything there. So I liked playing around with finding these satellites. Is it reasonable to take the other dish and put a LNB for C band on it? Would it be total frustration or fun to play with?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well like has been stated before it is really only experimental and fun to play with. I would not want to use it for a reliable method, but if you want to try it I would go with a Titanium C1-PLL and CS1 Conical scalar combo. Check my site or eBay. Then shoot for 99W to start with it has the strongest signals for something like this.

The other rule should be if you live in an apartment, hoa, or any place that you can a 10', this will get you by until you have room for a bud. You won't get all of c band but only some. Its nice to have to see weather from New York City also cozi tv is there also.

I bought a titanium PLL and a scalar and installed on one of my 90cm dishes. I pointed to 99W and picked up 12 channels but only 10 come in. The one I wanted was COZI which is a constant 50 quality. I never lost it in the rain storm which surprised me. Trying KU at 103 was pure frustration. Now the temptation of another motor. Thanks to this site I have learned a lot. Thanks to all

Trying KU at 103 was pure frustration
The skew on 103 is something like 24 degrees from where it should be. THE reason many have put a dedicated dish, or a sidecar LNBF on a motorized, for this satellite. (24 degrees CW, from 'normal', when looking at the dish face, rear of LNBF)
This will be corrected when they get the OK to turn ON the new satellite in that location (SES3)[[ SES and DiwreckedTV feuding over the Ka band there]]

Once the new satellite is authorized, and turned ON, there will be no skew correction necessary. It will 'align' with 'normal' and not require a dedicated dish or sidecar LNBF. 'When' that happens is anyones guess at this point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)