Right equipment for KU/C bands combo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bidawwi

Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Hi Guys,
I live in northern California. I am currently using a 32' dish and ku band lnb (galaxy 17 & 19). I heard that C band is a better quality than Ku band. Also, there are some channels I am interested in only exist through the C band. Could you you guys recommend the right equipment that will enable me to receive both bands?
What type of ku/c lnbf combo? The right dish size? etc...
Thank you guys.

by the way, I love this forum. There is a wealth of information relating to anything that has to do with FTA that does not exist anywhere else.

I would keep that dish for Ku only and then find you a 10 Foot dish for C-Band and put a Titanium C1-PLL on it and just run them both through a DiSEqC switch.

Hi Guys,
I live in northern California. I am currently using a 32' dish and ku band lnb (galaxy 17 & 19). I heard that C band is a better quality than Ku band. Also, there are some channels I am interested in only exist through the C band. Could you you guys recommend the right equipment that will enable me to receive both bands?
What type of ku/c lnbf combo? The right dish size? etc...
Thank you guys.

by the way, I love this forum. There is a wealth of information relating to anything that has to do with FTA that does not exist anywhere else.

Where did you get a 32 foot dish? :)

My setup is the same as Ke4est suggested and it works real well. On my C band dish I have a Titanium C1WPLL LNBF, which is almost exactly the same as the C1PLL and it works awesome. The C1PLL LNBF is a very good choice, especially for the short money it cost.

Like Ke4est said, 10' or bigger would be best. If it's to be a motorized C dish, then you need a mover for it too, either a V Box or ASC1 from Titanium.

Where did you get a 32 foot dish? :)

My setup is the same as Ke4est suggested and it works real well. On my C band dish I have a Titanium C1WPLL LNBF, which is almost exactly the same as the C1PLL and it works awesome. The C1PLL LNBF is a very good choice, especially for the short money it cost.

Like Ke4est said, 10' or bigger would be best. If it's to be a motorized C dish, then you need a mover for it too, either a V Box or ASC1 from Titanium.

Oops! that was a typo. I meant a 32 inch dish.

Thanks

Oops! that was a typo. I meant a 32 inch dish. I was wondering if the next size up would do it.

Thanks

Most people on the FTA forum prefer the separate dish route. But to answer the question, You need a C-Band size dish, solid or perforated is best. If you are thinking a large offset KU dish then you won't be getting that much C-Band and you will loose a little KU in the process. But that works for some folks. I use one dish for both bands and have very good reception. 10' perforated dish with a Dual Orthomode feed and 4 Norsat LNBs. A Corotor feed would be a good choice too. There is a low priced combo LNBF, WSI NS741, but those are not as good as the others I mentioned. But for the money it's good :) I have one Dual Ortho with PLLs on it, retail $1200 cheap ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)