RIP 922

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's the heat that these receivers produce that cause some caps to blow after some time.
Newer electronics last about 1 year now I got a Blue ray Player and an A/v receiver that died after just one year but these older electronics that are build in the 90's are far better in quality and last for a really long time and as I can see there are still parts available to fix it so that's good.
Because try to find a board for something you bought 1 year ago and you won't find anything but these people have spare parts so that gives us more reliability then with newer electronics.
But still $12.50 is not alot for a receiver I mean if I we're you I would have bought that that's nothing $12.50 you won't even feel that that money is gone.
In 1997 when 4dtv came out they costed like $1000 so $12.50 is a BARGAIN!!

But still $12.50 is not alot for a receiver...

That is what the freind paid for the thing and I made him a decent offer. He says that I can have it for $100 plus I have to sell a bunch of stuff for him on Ebay! I would rather pay him even more and not list his stuff! I like a dummy showed him that the numbers match and I think that I talked him into using it. He bought a brand new 922 a few years ago and it never worked right so he might replace his "bought new" unit with the $12.50 bargain which looks like new and works better! :eek:

Oh he's a Satelitteb guy himself now I understand.
Me too if I got a 4dtv really cheap I might use it myself or sell it for more then a $100 because I know it's value.
A normal person who has like Dishnet would sell it real cheap because they think it's old and don't have any value but to a Satelitte guy that thing is priceless!!!!!
I hope he subscribes to something to sustain the 4dtv community.
In the meantime just send your unit to Ats and let them repair it then it will be good as new.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)