Road to Omaha

Wow- the #2 team in the country ousted.

If UNC eliminates Southern Miss, Virginia could take their place as the tourney Cinderella.
Arkansas is actually the 2nd lowest rated team besides Southern Miss. Virginia has been on tear. They won the ACC Tournament and haven't looked back much since.

Arkansas is actually the 2nd lowest rated team besides Southern Miss. Virginia has been on tear. They won the ACC Tournament and haven't looked back much since.
LSU is about to knock Arkansas into the loser's bracket. Ahead 9-1 bottom of the ninth.

Check that...LSU wins 9-1. Finally a victory over Arkansas. :)

LSU is about to knock Arkansas into the loser's bracket. Ahead 9-1 bottom of the ninth.

Check that...LSU wins 9-1. Finally a victory over Arkansas. :)
LSU's set up great now. 2-0 and they'll wait to meet the winner between Arkansas and Virginia.

They also beat them in basketball.
And LSU took 3 of 4 from Arkansas in baseball this season. I guess those football losses linger a little more. Buck up McCoy you still won the NC after losing that 3OT game to the Hogs. :D

They can thank Oklahoma and Pittsburgh for that. (Had only one of them won, it would have been Ohio State vs. either Missouri/West Virginia. Both of them gave LSU a safety net.)
Yeah, I haven't forgotten that either. I returned the favor by pulling for Pitt in bball this year and Oklahoma in the BCS last year. Both let me down then though. ;)

I'm not familiar with college baseball outside of the College World Series- I love the annual Omaha tournament, but I never pay attention to regular-season games.

Would you say LSU is a traditional powerhouse on the diamond?

I'm not familiar with college baseball outside of the College World Series- I love the annual Omaha tournament, but I never pay attention to regular-season games.

Since the 80's when Skip Bertman became coach, I'd say they have been. He is solely responsible for creating the program they have now. When he stepped down and became AD at LSU several years back, they had a few mediocre years. They seem to have righted the ship with the coach they have now.

They have a long way to go though to become a storied program like Texas or USC, but I'm happy with them. Just wish NCAA baseball got a little more national exposure during the season so I could watch 'em more. :)

LSU won 5 championships between 91 and 2000. Most of USC's titles came in the 70's so I'd say that LSU has been the most successul program in recent years with maybe Texas behind them.

Since the 80's when Skip Bertman became coach, I'd say they have been. He is solely responsible for creating the program they have now. When he stepped down and became AD at LSU several years back, they had a few mediocre years. They seem to have righted the ship with the coach they have now.

They have a long way to go though to become a storied program like Texas or USC, but I'm happy with them. Just wish NCAA baseball got a little more national exposure during the season so I could watch 'em more. :)

I couldn't agree more mccoy. College baseball coverage is worse than coverage of the NHL:rant:.

I'ts like pulling teeth to even find rankings, standings and scores during the regular season, much less find a game to watch on TV. Even during regionals and CWS, media coverage outside of the games on TV is limited. Finding a live scoring page on a Sports Website is harder than hitting a 90 MPH fastball from one of these kids.:eek:

I couldn't agree more mccoy. College baseball coverage is worse than coverage of the NHL:rant:.

I'ts like pulling teeth to even find rankings, standings and scores during the regular season, much less find a game to watch on TV. Even during regionals and CWS, media coverage outside of the games on TV is limited. Finding a live scoring page on a Sports Website is harder than hitting a 90 MPH fastball from one of these kids.:eek:
It's just one of those sports that doesn't draw the interest of fans until their team begins to win championships. Guess I was the same way before Skip.

You'd think Florida would have details in the local papers though, with the good teams they've had at FSU and Miami over the years. :confused:

It's just one of those sports that doesn't draw the interest of fans until their team begins to win championships. Guess I was the same way before Skip.

You'd think Florida would have details in the local papers though, with the good teams they've had at FSU and Miami over the years. :confused:

Not really. Not to much. Usually back page of sports section. And I don't care to read about the Canes, Gators or Noles anyway. I get enough of that shoved down my throat during football season.

Of course we have Sunshine Sports Network and Fox Sports Florida, and they do carry 1 or 2 SEC games a week, so I was able to see the Tigers play once during the season.

Not really. Not to much. Usually back page of sports section. And I don't care to read about the Canes, Gators or Noles anyway. I get enough of that shoved down my throat during football season.

Of course we have Sunshine Sports Network and Fox Sports Florida, and they do carry 1 or 2 SEC games a week, so I was able to see the Tigers play once during the season.
I get nothing at all up here locally in Ohio during the regular season, or during post play. I guess 37-6 shallackings of your team isn't of much interest. Wanna ignore that stuff as much as possible! :D

North Carolina beats Southern Miss 11-4 to knock the Eagles out of the College World Series.

(Honestly, I think one reason Southern Miss got outplayed today was the may have been psychologically hurt by the way they lost to Texas)

Who's left now to play the role of tourney Cinderella that Fresno State did last year?

Good game from the Tar Heels. They more than made up for the lack of offense against Arizona St. Ackley was 5-6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)