Road Trip!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
Who's ready for the Michigan Chapter of the SatelliteGuys road trip?

I am planning the trip to lovely Albion Michigan for a visit with Patriot Antenna Systems! Planning for next Wednesday.

They are supposed to have a 12M dish setup in the parking lot (yes, you read that right, 12 METERS.... 39 FEET in diameter) I wrote the salesman to ask if it was in place, but have not heard back yet.

So, on the docket for the road trip, of course, first.. drive.. for me it's about 2 hours. Then at Patriot, a factory tour (yes yes.. will try to take lots of pics)
then I'm hoping to adopt a couple 90cm dishes and maybe a 120. 1 of the 90s will go to my neighbor, whichever other I bring home will join its new family in my yard.. fixed at first, but then to be motorized later on.

Wonder what shipping on that 39 footer would be.....hmmm. Damn, wouldnt that piss off an HOA.......lol. Good thing I dont have such issues.
Yeas, stop and get you a hand full of SD chips, you know what Anole is going to tell you.

Oh, he knows... he knows... :D

And get me a price on a 39 inch'er, too!
One meter is the magic size, big enough to do the job, but not too big to easily motorize.
What do you mean they no longer make 'em!?
We don't take answers like that here at SatGuys! - :eek:

(how 'bout old stock at half-price?) - :eureka

I posted the prices before man.. DIRT CHEAP if you ask me.
if anybody were closer, I'd make a bulk purchase of them (the 90 and 120 cm)

I was poking around the patriot site, they have a dish that can get 6 c-band birds at once.. that would fix up linuxmans fixed c-band arc project in a hurry

I'm hoping ;-)
I also told the salesman I would like a factory tour, he said "no problem!"
The salesman even mentioned this website as a good FTA resource.
but we'll see what happens

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)