Rockstar Releases GTA V Gameplay Video

I don't see them completely abandoning single player campaigns. There's still a lot of money to be made there. If anything, a profitable online cash cow can help fund newer projects. Also, they have too many respected IPs to just let them go to waste. There's plenty of evidence that a new Red Dead is coming, and not everyone likes playing online games.

I don't see them abandoning them either, I am just afraid like king3pj said, the quality will not be as good. The Michael, Franklin, and Trevor story was awesome and you could tell well thought out.

I don't see them completely abandoning single player campaigns. There's still a lot of money to be made there. If anything, a profitable online cash cow can help fund newer projects. Also, they have too many respected IPs to just let them go to waste. There's plenty of evidence that a new Red Dead is coming, and not everyone likes playing online games.

I don't think Rockstar will stop making campaigns either but I do think it's possible. Look at Valve... Who would have thought that they would stop making games like Half Life, Portal, and Left 4 Dead? Probably not many people, especially in Half Life's case. That is exactly what they have done because they are making so much money from Steam, Dota, CS: GO.

Rockstar is in a different situation because they aren't making 30% off every game sold on Steam but they are still making tons of money of GTA Online. You are right that not everyone likes online games but they don't need to make everyone happy to make a ton of money. Their main priority from a business standpoint is probably the people who continue to pour money into GTA Online years after its release.

Again, I think the next GTA game will probably have a campaign. I can just see how they could come to the conclusion that financially it makes more sense not to bother investing millions of dollars into making a AAA campaign. An updated version of GTA Online with no campaign would not be for me but I have no doubt that it would still sell millions of copies and make tons of money by selling currency.

Edit: The new Red Dead game has probably been in development for years. It was probably started before they saw what a big success GTA Online would be. I don't think we will really know for sure what they are doing next until GTA 6 is announced.

Well we don't know that Valve has stopped making games. Just because they haven't released one or announced one doesn't mean there's none in development. Don't forget, Valve isn't like other companies. They're privately held and self-publish. And because they don't live by games sales, they can basically do things however they want. And let's not forget that "Valve Time" exists for a reason.

As of last week I'm one of those 10 million people.
Yeah when I was looking at the steam page earlier I saw that you had like 1.2 hours in it.

I'm still steadfast in waiting for 50% off. Hard to believe that they still haven't done it to that low, but then again, if you're selling so well at full (or close to full) price, why bother reducing the price?

Yeah when I was looking at the steam page earlier I saw that you had like 1.2 hours in it.

I'm still steadfast in waiting for 50% off. Hard to believe that they still haven't done it to that low, but then again, if you're selling so well at full (or close to full) price, why bother reducing the price?

Yeah, I was trying to wait for 50% off too but the difference between that and the 40% off I grabbed it at is only $6. I grabbed Superhot at 40% off for the same reason but in that case the difference between 40% and 50% is only $2.50.

My sister-in-law bought it last week at GameStop for $29.99 brand new,one day only sale. Used was 40 something bucks.
We didn't even know it was on sale, she was in from out of town and she wanted to go to Gamestop. She never had played it before.
I was like you need to get it then--she said wow 48 bucks for used--the guy working there overheard her and said they are new 29.99 today only.

Yeah I've seen the game on sale for 50% off a number of times at various places for PS4/XB1, but the PC version just won't go that low. I only saw it go to $30 once and that was for the physical release from Target Online. Didn't feel like dealing with physical stuff knowing if I just waited it'd come down.

Well part of what helps is that the game is available on 5 separate machines.

Yeah, a large number of those sales happened on 360, PS3, and PC but it does show just how many people own a copy of GTA V relative to the number of people who are into gaming enough to own any of the current gen consoles.

Not everyone who owns an Xbox One or PS4 owns a copy of GTA V on one of those consoles but a very high percentage of them probably own it on one platform or another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)