Roger Comes clean

Isn't McNamee a former cop? I wonder how he'll establish the chain of evidence?

I've notice that McNamee has mentioned that he's a former cop...
Why a FORMER ?
Just because he's a former cop, doesn't make him a Crime Scene guy, may have had very little experience in collecting evidence, don't know, no one's mentioned what he did as a cop.

May not have been in a department thatbhad anything to do with what he's talked about doing.

Jimbo

This thing just gets stranger by the day. Now the guy claims he injected Roger's wife with HGH. I don't know if Clemens used or not, but he is definitely losing this battle on the public opinion front. As I said before, I'm not so sure we will ever know the truth.

Is this a preview of things to come for Clemens?

by BRIAN COSTELLO, New York Post

Updated: February 12, 2008, 7:03 PM EST 1201 comments

RSS digg blog email print
Andy Pettitte was excused yesterday from testifying against his friend Roger Clemens at a congressional hearing — but it appears Pettitte already has done plenty of damage to Clemens' contention that he never used steroids or human growth hormone.

7699004_36_21.jpg

Rep. Tom Davis, the ranking Republican on the congressional committee investigating steroid use in baseball, told Newsday that Pettitte, in his deposition last week, backed up the account of Brian McNamee, the former trainer of Clemens and Pettitte.
McNamee has said Clemens used steroids and human growth hormone.
Davis told the newspaper that Pettitte's testimony matches McNamee's in most details, but that Clemens, in his deposition last week, said both of them are mistaken.
Pettitte asked to be excused from tomorrow's congressional hearing so that he would not have to testify against Clemens, and the committee's leaders granted him his request. They also excused Kirk Radomski and Chuck Knoblauch from the hearing, and Radomski from giving a deposition Tuesday.
That leaves Clemens and his accuser, McNamee, in a showdown tomorrow. They will be joined by one new witness, a member of former Senator George Mitchell's staff, Charlie Scheeler.
The move to excuse Pettitte, Knoblauch and Radomski came last night after discussions between the leadership of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
A source indicated to The New York Post that Pettitte verified a story McNamee told in his deposition about training at Clemens' home in 2002 with both Clemens and Pettitte. McNamee said that during a break, Pettitte said to him something like, "How come you don't give me the same stuff you give Roger?" indicating Clemens told Pettitte about his human growth hormone use.

7787216_36_1.gif

MLB Latest:

Fantasy | Join now | Rankings | Teams

Newsday reported that Clemens said in his affidavit that he spoke with Pettitte about medications, but not steroids or HGH.
One of Pettitte's lawyers declined comment when reached last night.
Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), chairman of the committee, and Davis (R-Va.) put out a joint statement announcing the removal of the three witnesses.
"Mr. Knoblauch and Mr. Pettitte answered all the Committee's questions and their testimony at the hearing is not needed," the statement read. "Mr. Clemens and Mr. McNamee have also cooperated with the Committee in its investigation."
Pettitte gave a deposition to the committee under oath on Feb. 4 that lasted for two and a half hours.
Clemens' lawyers said their client will stick to his denial that he ever used steroids or HGH.
"I think Andy Pettitte should do whatever is in Andy's best interest and whatever he thinks is best," said Lanny Breuer, one of Clemens' lawyers. "Roger Clemens is going to testify on Wednesday. He'll answer everything truthfully and forthrightly as he's done since the very beginning."
The committee can use Pettitte's deposition during the hearing and ask Clemens or McNamee about anything in Pettitte's testimony. It also will be part of the public record of the hearing.
Sparing him a trip to Capitol Hill appears to be a sign committee members believe Pettitte cooperated fully with their investigation, and that they do not need any more testimony from him. A source also said Pettitte was not a great witness in that his answers sometimes contradicted each other, and there was some fear of putting him in front of the committee with a national television audience watching.

Clemens 2-13-08

Just listening to ESPN radio online. Clemens is giving his testimony. Wow, it doesn't sound like it's going too good for him. Right now, again right now, it seems like the next pinstripes he'll be wearing will be in sing sing.

Pettitte and his wife acknowledge a Clemens-Pettitte HGH use conversation.

Man, this stuff is beyond any Hollywood writer can come up with!

What do you guys think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)