Roku 2 dead?

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I've had it for over three years now and it is non responsive. Changed batteries, unplugged, everything. Any thhoughts? Really inconvenient. Anything cheaper I could get that does Netflix YouTube and such?

Are the lights coming on? If there's no lights, it might just be the power pack. If you've got a multimeter, check for voltage out of the power pack.

I don't have a Roku 2, but my 3's have a reset button in a hole in the back, [need a paper clip or something small like that to reach it] check if yours has a reset button and try that maybe.

What about the Roku stick? Does it do the same thing the Rokus do?
I had a Roku stick that worked for about 3 days. The stick felt too hot to the touch. I took it back and got my money back.
I just went back to using the Netflix and Hulu apps on my Samsung Blu-ray player and the apps on my Sony tv.
All the roku would do after it quit working was show the roku logo.

Reactions: andy_horton
The very BASIC but modern "roku SE" (special edition) sold out on the roku site but can be bought at bestbuy online. Good for SD sets and HD via HDMI but without the extra memory, wired ethernet options, but should offer all modern programming options. I'd do the bestbuy option. I did as a gift for someone. Quick delivery, simple box. No frills remote (no headphones, etc.)

Thanks to all of y'all. The batteries I replaced the old ones with were dead, too!! Got some new ones, again, and it works!! Netflix, Pandora, YouTube, I Heart radio again....yay!!

Glad you came to your senses regarding the box being unresponsive to remote commands that weren't being sent.

Cheaping out on a streaming box is not a good idea. The frustration factor isn't worth the savings.

Reactions: andy_horton
All Roku boxes since the first have been quite reliable! Yes, some have more memory and capabilities, but...for the budget-aware, they're a great bet no matter what model. One just has to adjust and KNOW each's capabilities and configurations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts