Roku 3 Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DFPope

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Alabama
I will try to be as brief as possible. I have tinnitus very bad and use a recording of rain via headphones to mask it out while I sleep. I have been using a Roku 2 (2720RW) with remote headphone jack and streaming the rain mp3 from my desktop using Roku media player. I recently got a Roku 3 and have an issue with my audio. Whether I stream from my PC, play from the USB port, or stream from a cloud the audio stumbles every 5 or 6 minutes. It sounds as if it stops and instantaneously starts again. This is more than annoying. Assuming I had a bad Roku 3 I returned it for a replacement which does the same thing. Nothing in the hookup is different from the Roku 2 ,which works perfectly. Same HDMI cable and same port on the TV. Also the audio stumbles on the TV as well as the remote. Any thoughts are appreciated. The recording of rain that I use a one hour long mp3. Just for the heck of it I converted to AAC and WAV. All formats work perfectly on the 2 but stumble on the 3.

Did you check the sound settings in your Roku and try different options for sound? When I got my 1st Roku 3 I had to change a setting in there because the audio was messing up. Think I changed it from dolby to just plain stereo, don't remember for sure, it was quite a while ago.

Also there are several programs in the roku itself , in the channel store that have different rain,waterfall, water themes that are free and very soothing. Maybe this could solve your problem since it would not involve sending the sound from the computer to your Roku. Hope this helps, I'm not too techie, so this is the best I could do. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts