Roku 3500R(Streaming Stick)

Dgenx321

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Calcutta, Ohio
I just ordered it on Amazon. They must be selling well as I wont have mine until Thursday and I have Prime. I know they just came out on Friday, I'm just wondering if anyone has one and what are your thoughts on it.

I primarily ordered it for the WWE Network seeing how they cant get the network to work on the Galaxy Tab 3's. How is the WWE Network on the Roku?

Bestbuy has it at the same price in stock.
Is there an advantage to the stick over the box other than easier portability?

This new streaming stick as the same processor as the old stick which is the same one that was in their last gen Roku 2 line of boxes. Same amount of memory. The remote is WiFi Direct, but without the audio jack for listening through a pair of headphones and A/B game buttons. Finally, there isn't a MicroSD card slot to add additional memory which probably isn't an issue at all considering there's no game buttons.

YouTube app still not available on the 2XS, which was introduced in July of 2011 and discontinued in March of 2013. It seems the second generation Roku devices will get the app this year. Hopefully. I might break down and do this workaround, or maybe that one, or some other one.

That is the ONLY complaint I have about my Roku. It is fast enough for me, and offers PLENTY. Except for YouTube natively.

I just ordered it on Amazon. They must be selling well as I wont have mine until Thursday and I have Prime. I know they just came out on Friday, I'm just wondering if anyone has one and what are your thoughts on it.

I primarily ordered it for the WWE Network seeing how they cant get the network to work on the Galaxy Tab 3's. How is the WWE Network on the Roku?

I was under the impression the Roku stick would be out in Mid April?

I cancelled my Roku stick order and got a Roku 3 refurb instead. Love it so far!

Just yesterday the GF mentioned the little one's playroom had nothing much on the TV to watch (OTA only) so I definetely like the idea that this stick will be concealed after installed/configured... plus for the price, you almost cant say no. If this one works out, am getting 2 more.

Cheers, K

PS- The 3500 is available in Canada on Friday april 4th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts