Roku help, Please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Soozie

Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Usa
Hi, I've had my roku for a few months and it has been working fine even late last night. today i turned it on and it won't connect to my internet though it finds it I am getting error 014. i think this is odd after working perfectly for 2 months. i've reset the box redid the password rebooted my router even though my laptop tablet and google tv in another room work. Any ideas what happened and how I can fix it? thank you

What type of security are you using?Wep,WPA,Wpa2?

It's possible that the wifi has conked out on the roku but,I would try everything else first.Check the roku ip and make sure it isn't conflicting with another ip.You may need to assign one for it.

i'm using wep and it's not conflicting with anything just so odd it worked at 3am and not at 10am, I'm trying another reboot of the router, even though everyting else was connected

ok I did a longer disconnect on the router and plugged it in now roku is fine but isn't it odd to work fine then stop? does the roku just faze out or lock itself out from the router? thanks so much for responding was kinda freaking me out there :

I can't say for sure,I have never had that issue.But,like any other device with memory these days there are bound to be hiccups.Most of the time a good long reboot takes care of them.

Glad ya got it going.I would also recommend moving from Wep to wpa2 for security.Unless your in a very rural area.Way too easy for wep to be cracked.

Even though my ROKU has strong signal, I've occasionally noted that "foreign" wifi signals that show up briefly "muck" with my own system. Not on the same channel, and I use encryption, but its like my laptop AND my ROKU try to "look at" the signal that floats-in, disrupting normal operation. Not very often, but now and then. Even with my wireless FAR away from neighbors, and on a selected non-default channel. Thread author may have had same type of issue, not sure.

I can't remember ever seeing an "error message" on my ROKU, either. Curious what this means! (in case I ever see it myself!)

thanks, yes i need to change the security i am just loathe to do it, my hisband is disabled by a stroke computers were his gamee, but mentally he can no longer do it. which means id have to go through the house and change everything from blu-rays to tvs etc course if id just do it then i could change things as I use them as wellthanks again for the help:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)