Roku on startup of playback...

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Has anyone else had the instance to notice that even with a strong signal (if on wifi) and only a few feet between the router and the R box, that upon starting up your playback lately it begins at lesser quality then escalates to maximum definition? I haven't checked my smart TV's operation on netflix, but the R. boxes seem to do this. Particularly annoying when credits come from "a distance" on the movie being played and are unreadable until the quality stabilizes. Used to be it seems that the reverse was true, it would start at highest, and adjust BACK if necessary. I find it a (lately) regular annoyance, wondering if it's due to firmware updates, or something the provider(s) may be doing....R. 2 XS is mainly where I notice this, though the R. 1 unit does it, too.

I'm on charter business with a 60 meg down, no hiccups, no issues, two different routers, same symptoms. Thought I'd ask here before going to the R. forums.

I've tried "renewing" the connection by going back and verifying it, it always re-checks as excellent!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts