Roof replacement

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That was HER fault, not yours.

She knew it and was so mad at herself she could have chewed up and spit bullets. She and her husband never did put any blame on me.

I actually got to know them a little. Was there for service call, an upgrade, relocate dish from roof to ground, 2 more trips because of the mowing incidents.

They had around 500 acres and a private grass airstrip complete with a hangar, their planes and a few of their buddy's planes.

The old guy was wanting to take me for a plane ride for my troubles. However he reminded me of someone who'd run a stop sign accidentally, t-boning you. I politely declined. :)

I had the same issue awhile back. I did have to pay for a service visit, and I chose to have a pole mount in my yard, 1. To get it off the roof so the roofers could have the roof to themselves and not have to worry about a dish, and 2. So I didn't have to worry about having holes bored in my roof again!

Another fine advantage, it makes it really easy to sweep the snow off the dish when we get that big one once or twice a winter!

Of course, right next to my dish is a tripod for the OTA antenna. So there are holes anyway. Snow not a BIG problem here in northern VA.

Reactions: stardust3
Just mount it, aim it roughly in the right area, and call to complain you lost your signal. They're not going to know its a new roof.

Also, if I had a chance to do it over, I'd go with a gable mount.
Depends on the pitch of the roof.
Around here, steep roofs are part of the regional style of homes.
Mine is a 12/12 ( 45*)....I am NOT climbing onto that roof.

Just had my roof replaced about 3 weeks ago and I had roofers remove dish when they replaced the roof. I called Directv about a week before the roof was going to be replaced and told them I would need my dish reinstalled on a pole because I didn't want the dish bolted through my new roof. I placed in on a pole beside the house and it cost me $49.00 from Directv. The roofing company gave me a check back for the relocation fee so it was free for me. Installer was here about 45 minutes and signal now is even better than it was on the roof..

Just mount it, aim it roughly in the right area, and call to complain you lost your signal. They're not going to know its a new roof.

Also, if I had a chance to do it over, I'd go with a gable mount.
Come on now.....To not be able to determine that a roof has been recently replaced takes a real dummy.

asking a roofer to put a dish back up is like asking a car mechanic to fix your AC. alot of the same skills, but different set of information, not good.

Reactions: Hutch1814
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)