RR burps....

Khandurian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Cocoa Beach Baby!
God what a mess these last 2 days have been. Road runner being 98% down for 4 hours yesterday morning. Still having problems with their own servers.

I keep getting 2 different stories. 1 was dns server crashed, other was hardware failure at the head end. Got better answer there Steve?

Are you talking about Tampa area? I have had no problems here in Orlando with my RoadRunner. Been working like a champ. Of course if it is a DNS issue I would not notice it as I use my own DNS servers, and not RR's. (it helps when I add domains or move ips on the servers I run so it updates instantly on my end)

I'm in Tampa area...I've heard there has been a routing issue with another provider that RR peers off of.

BHN Insider

This happened on the 18th there guy. All of Brevard County and half of Orlando was 98% down. Ya, ok, go ahead, ask. How can it be 98% down?

Simple, only about 5 or 6 websites were accessible. It caused some serious problems over here. Only thing that was working with no problems was the "ic" program.

It's definitely alot better now.

hmm odd, if it was only letting a few sites work, (im guessing like icflorida, rr.com etc maybe?) then it probably sounds like a DNS issue for sure. However I don't recall having that problem? About what time was it going on Maybe I was in bed already :)

I live in West Orlando (Windermere) area, and didnt notice any issues, (well we established I dont use RR's dns servers) so that could be a good indication it was a DNS issue.

Actually, get this, you couldn't get to rr.com webmail, or ICflorida. You could get yahoo and google, and a couple of others.

Fortunately they have fixed the problem. I should have thought to change my dns, but as I said, they have already fixed it, and it only lasted 4 hours.

Well since I am not going to create another account on another site, I have enough sites as it is... If any of those so called computer pro's took half a second to read those traceroutes, they would see the problem is NOT road runner.

In the first traceroute, it goes from 13ms to a whopping 65ms. Oh look! its from Level3.net! DOH! Not Road Runner!

In the second traceroute, it goes from 13ms to again, 65ms. Oh look! its coming from Level3.net! Once again! NOT ROAD RUNNER!!!

So they can sit over there and complain all they want. It's exactly as it was told. Once you leave the RR network, speeds are not guaranteed.

So back over there and tell them the Road Runner is running fine. 13ms! Once they leave the network and start getting to xbox live, its Level3 and msn causing the problems. However, with a whopping 115ms ping time, they need to find who owns level3 and complain to them.

Level 3 is "Level 3 Communications" They are one of the Premier backbone providers in nation :) I use them for most of my transit. Kinda odd to see them have problems..

Steve - I was thinking the same thing when I saw that 115ms ping time. However, lets also not forget the time of year that were in. Those cold snaps and blizzards wreck havoc on those lines!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts