RR Lightning (40mbit / 4mbit) Coming to Central Florida this summer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
on the 20Mbps speeds, did they take out the "boost" on that package? (tampa bay area)
and east coast.

Good question; do you only get "boost" with the lower packages?

Of course, I am still getting 15-20M dl with my 20M service level. No, I haven't called for an in-home visit, but see previous posts about examination of the problem. Guess I should break down and set up a visit. The computer next to the cable modem is a linux machine...fun when they want to do the direct connect thing (which is always the FIRST move).

Yay, I just got another email from Brighthouse telling my Lightning was coming soon and that I could sign up (again) for an alert when it's available. After over 4 months of waiting, multiple emails and a dozen channels dedicated to telling me about Lightning (which I noticed have changed to trying to convince you to have a dvr in every room,) can I please have it now? hahaha

when I saw they changed those adds to have a DVR in every room I got excited and thought they were advertising the multi room dvr, i was sad... Were being told 4th quarter is wwhen were expecting the multi room dvr's. I hope it stays on track.

one DVR in the house that all of the other boxes can access which essentially makes every box in the house act as a DVR. It will be VERY nice, im sure they will charge a bit extra for it though, atleast when it first comes out.

I heard a while ago that they would have to change all of the boxes in the house out for once with the specific software but then I heard the other day that there is going to be an update to the existing boxes with the needed software. Bassically what that means is I dont know, rumors are everywhere and nobody that actually knows will give me exacts. Maybe the insider has more info on it

Can a non-DVR STB set a program to be recorded on the DVR that actually has the hard disk?

Not saying this is the specific model BHN is going with, but I have reason to believe this is what they're testing... You may want to review the documentation here.

Cisco Explorer 8300DVR Multi-Room - Support - Cable TV Set-Tops - Consumer - Cisco

Another thing to keep in mind is, even if BHN goes with this STB ... they always have the ability to not pass certain features of such functionality down to the end users.

If that is the model, what is the answer to my question...

Can a non-DVR STB set a program to be recorded on the DVR that actually has the hard disk?

Oops I see that was a link...it was the same color and not underlined, so it didn't stand out.
I read it...did not see an answer to my question. Also, EEEEEEKKKKK...it only has an 80GB drive!!

Thats way to small of a drive, im SURE they will come out with something bigger

Yes, the point is so that the non dvr boxes can set shows to record on the dvr AND access them to watch them later.

Also, why does that link have the old SA box pictured there? the new ones from them are the black cisco's. When we went to a training expo thing a few months ago they were showing the new black cisco boxes as the ones with the MOCA software on them. I wish they would use a samsung dvr, those rock.

Figured I would add more, This is the box that they had on display saying it had the MOCA software
http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/products/settop_8600hdc.html
Were already using the boxes, the exact model is the 8640 that were using here.

Last edited:
Better. That says, "160-GB hard drive space with options for up to 500 GB." Don't know what "options" means. Plug in external? Can order it with more internal? ???

May I suggest everyone, when you do a link, hit bold and underline and color blue so it stands out as a link, especially if it is 'words with a link behind them.'

Example This is not a link--example only

Last edited:
I know you can plug in external but my assumption is that they can be orderd with more. I dont see why there would be a limit as far as external space.

Its still going, there are other forums where people are saying there getting there installs done now over there. I can only imagine it wont be too much longer untill your turn comes.

Cool, thanks. It's just a tad frustrating to sign up on a website and get countless emails telling you it's "coming soon" and almost half a year later it still hasn't arrived. I know these things take time but when I hear coming soon, regarding technology, 6 months isn't what I imagine.

I had Lightning installed on Wed. I had an appt window from 3-5 and he actually showed up 15 minutes early. He was out the door by 3:30 with everything up and running. I consistently get 32-38 from their speed test website. When I download from a premium server (usenetserver,) I am getting a steady 40-41!!

Its pretty awesome?

it depends what your doing, if you just want to browse the web faster, its a waste of money. If you actually download, have multiple computers running at a time ect. then its a pretty nice step up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)