Sound burps, pixelation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I know they are getting a few more HBO hds and Showtime Hds, I have not heard anything about stars in awhile. It was a rumour I mentioned back in like october before the big push but I had expected it to come during the additonal channels in nov/dec time, so now I really dont know...

You can wait it out if you want, just dont be mad if it never gets fixed. Dont complain when you call that you have had the problem for 2 months, because they offered to send someone out to look into it and you declined.

I know they are getting a few more HBO hds and Showtime Hds, I have not heard anything about stars in awhile. It was a rumour I mentioned back in like october before the big push but I had expected it to come during the additonal channels in nov/dec time, so now I really dont know...

You can wait it out if you want, just dont be mad if it never gets fixed. Dont complain when you call that you have had the problem for 2 months, because they offered to send someone out to look into it and you declined.

Actually, in my case he (csr rep) told me to wait a few days and see how it goes. As if he knew there were problems being worked on and that it would be pointless to send somebody out. He told me to call back if it continued after the weekend and that was two weeks ago.

It isn't a big deal. I mean, I'll be sitting here watching a hockey game and it will blurp and I'll think, "oh yeah, they are still having that problem." I'd say during a 2 1/2 hour hockey game it will do it 4-6 times. It is short and brief and that is that. I know it is an intermittent problem that as soon as the BHN guy comes out, there is a very slim chance that he will even see it. The DVR has picked it up, so I guess I could save and show them that.

Looking forward to these new HBO and Showtime HDs. I'd sure like to see Cinemax HD and at least the main Starz channel in HD too. I love premium channels but I have bought so many HD-DVDs and Blurays in the last six months that I find it horribly awful to watch a movie on the HBO multichannels. I can't wait to start watching the multichannels again in HD. That will be awesome.

Any news on bigger DVRs or a working external storage (one of the few good things Dish has). I remember reading about them rolling out a new 8300 with cablecard and a larger hard drive but seem to remember you guys saying it was riddled with bugs. We need a 500MB-1TB hard drive in that bad boy. This 100GB HD or whatever it is is not cutting it anymore. I have two 8300HDs and they are constantly filling up. Maybe I'll have to switch my wife's network shows to the SD feed to be recorded. She may not notice the difference for a while.. haha.

No worries if thats what the CSR advised then so be it :) I just feel bad for customers who think "oh the problem will just go away" and suffer for months before we get out to fix it. When we do get out and fix the problem they are usally mad at themselves for waiting so long for something so easy. :)

I was disapointed with the new 8300HDC (with cable card) I was expecting a large harddrive increase not nope sorry to disapoint you :( I mean with the low cost of storage these days youd expect a nice 250 or 500gb drive heck I bet people would pay a couple bucks more for an "upgraded dvr" or something.. I know I would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)