RSN HD Feed question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FSN South HD is only available with the Atlanta HD locals and on the Atlanta spotbeam. Just like FSN Detroit is only available with the Detroit HD locals on the Detroit spotbeam.

It's just what they've had to do as a stopgap. With the new satellite the RSNs in HD will be on national beams and available to everyone that qualifies just like the SD versions.

FSN South HD is only available with the Atlanta HD locals and on the Atlanta spotbeam. Just like FSN Detroit is only available with the Detroit HD locals on the Detroit spotbeam.

It's just what they've had to do as a stopgap. With the new satellite the RSNs in HD will be on national beams and available to everyone that qualifies just like the SD versions.

Now that answer is logical and actually makes sense. Thanks.

I assume the blackout rules will still apply for HD as they do currently for SD, right?

RSN no longer spotbeamed ???

Bonscott,
Has this been verified by D* at any point, or is it speculation ?
Seeing I am 500 feet from the michigan line and cannot get the Detroit FSN in HD, but I do pay for the Sports package, I am curious if this FSN will be available in HD for me once the sat goes up.

The FSN engineer says I should be able to get it already, all that has to happen is to have D* turn it on, but they won't because my zip is not in the Detroit sports database. I am close enough, have a signal in the 90's on the transponder. They just refuse to turn it on, and they may not be able to do so leagally yet, so thats why I am asking

The FSN engineer said it wil be available in August earlier in the year.

Has anyone seen any documentation stating that the RSN's will go nation wide when the sats are up ?

Jimbo

Bonscott,
Has this been verified by D* at any point, or is it speculation ?
Seeing I am 500 feet from the michigan line and cannot get the Detroit FSN in HD, but I do pay for the Sports package, I am curious if this FSN will be available in HD for me once the sat goes up.

The FSN engineer says I should be able to get it already, all that has to happen is to have D* turn it on, but they won't because my zip is not in the Detroit sports database. I am close enough, have a signal in the 90's on the transponder. They just refuse to turn it on, and they may not be able to do so leagally yet, so thats why I am asking

The FSN engineer said it wil be available in August earlier in the year.

Has anyone seen any documentation stating that the RSN's will go nation wide when the sats are up ?

Jimbo

Yes, verified. They stated it in their press release about the HD channels a couple weeks ago. I think the thread here and at DBSTalk both highlighted the fact that the RSNs in HD would be going on the national beams on D10. I'm in the same boat as you. I get the Detroit beam at 85+ but because FSD isn't on my HD locals spot I'm not authorized. That will all change this fall and we should be able to enjoy 40+ Red Wings games in HD. :D

Now that answer is logical and actually makes sense. Thanks.

I assume the blackout rules will still apply for HD as they do currently for SD, right?

Correct. There is nothing different about the HD feeds then there are about the SD feeds in terms of what you get and blackouts. The only issue right now is that the HD feeds are on spotbeams. This fall they will be available nationally just like the SD versions. But all the same rules apply in terms of blackouts.

Yes, verified. They stated it in their press release about the HD channels a couple weeks ago. I think the thread here and at DBSTalk both highlighted the fact that the RSNs in HD would be going on the national beams on D10. I'm in the same boat as you. I get the Detroit beam at 85+ but because FSD isn't on my HD locals spot I'm not authorized. That will all change this fall and we should be able to enjoy 40+ Red Wings games in HD. :D

Thank You :) :) :)
I am very glad to hear this has already been presented by D*.

Yes it will be nice to actually USE some of the MPEG4 capability of this -700 for a change and know that everything actually works, seeing it was purchase (leased) all the way back in Sept. of LAST year.

I presume this is all hinged on the D10 up and working, I (unlike others) have no doubt that this launch and testing will all go as planned.
Hopefully the RSN situation will happen quickly once everything is up and operational ..... HD Sports IS one of D* strong suits !

Jimbo

Jimbo

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.