RSN Information

djjsin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
here is something interesting. I am currently on the voom infomercial (jason and camille from los angeles hehehehe), I did the whole filming through leslie parker, and footage was used. I was told that I would be recieving 6 months of service for free, and it woudl take 1 to 2 months to go into affect. That was on October 5th, my latest bill still charged me the normal fee.

So after calling voom, they told me someone would get back to me in a day or 2, no call, so I called again this morning and spoke with a Supervisor about this. What happened really doesn't matter, its not the point of this story.

After i got done speaking with him about my issue, I through in some stuff about the RSN's, hoping maybe i could get alittle more information out of him. I commented on the CNN/FN asking why yet another sports network for florida has been added while cities like new york and los angeles are left hanging.

what he said is that they are currently working on having nationwide access to the florida channel, and stated that it should be together by the 1st of the year. Said the RSN's are on the top 10 of customer requests, and said they would be adding 200 additional channels, which would include RSN's as early as the first of the year.

He could be talking out of his ass, i've read before how the CSR's don't know sh*t, but since it came from a supervisor, who know's. Just thought it would be an interesting read.

Ok, nothing about Voom here, but based on the nationwide access to the florida channel, it won't happen, the most you might get is the programing that they show when the pro stuff is not on, all pro sports (Baseball, Basketball, Hockey ) have rules about showing stuff that's out of area, thats why they have things like NBA league pass, etc, so they can get more money out of you, if they add RSNs great, that's one of the reasons thats keeps me from Voom.

Do not believe CSRs ( all of them, D* , E* or V* ), their job is to tell the customer whatever to make them happy, a while ago I called Voom and ask about the NFL Sunday Ticket and the CSR said they are trying to get it, and this is after D* signed a new deal til 2010, and I am still seeing threads that some CSRs from E* are telling people the same thing, you will get better info here.

History tells us the worst thing you can do is believe anything that is said by a CSR. They simply have no idea what VOOM's plans are as far as programming, etc.

You can't blame the CSR's. Asking a CSR detailed info about Voom is like asking a Mcdonalds cashier what the ingredients are in their Burger patty's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)