RSN MDU dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I just got a call from someone at an MDU where I service a DirecTV-based, SMATV bulk system, saying they received a letter from DirecTV saing that some dispute regarding the cariage of Regional Sports Newtworks in MDUs was being arbitrated, but gace no specifics. Does anyone know what this refers to?

This MDU is in the Washington metro region and carries Comcast Mid-Atlantic, MASN and MASN2, with the caveat that MASN2 is only available when it is carrying a live game. I don't see any basis for any carriage rights dispute in that region.

I just got a call from someone at an MDU where I service a DirecTV-based, SMATV bulk system, saying they received a letter from DirecTV saing that some dispute regarding the cariage of Regional Sports Newtworks in MDUs was being arbitrated, but gace no specifics. Does anyone know what this refers to?

This MDU is in the Washington metro region and carries Comcast Mid-Atlantic, MASN and MASN2, with the caveat that MASN2 is only available when it is carrying a live game. I don't see any basis for any carriage rights dispute in that region.

Maybe they are comparing it to a local cable system that offers a different rsn. As you probably know, cable companies get to play by a different set of rules.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts