RSN's HD no longer to be spot beamed ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's been the plan all along. Once they get the new sats up they can put them on CONUS just like the SD versions.

I have a strong feeling that RSN's Hd channels will no longer be spot beamed

they will be available to everyone nationwide by end of this year...

First they should let everyone in a team's market get their rsn in hd, not just one city. They don't need more capacity to do this in most cases.

YES HD on Conus would be terrific, even though I know that most of the Yankee HD games are already on 95 (Conus).

and where are u getting these facts from ?

Ummmm, why wouldn't they? Makes no sense whatsover that they would remain on spotbeams to select cities only. I believe when they first started putting them up last summer it was said it was only temporary until D10 and D11 go up. Putting them on spotbeams was a surprise in the first place and a stop gap only.

and where are u getting these facts from ?

Clearly not from your website which has a Breaking news Scroll that WGN will broadcast the Cubs in HD starting in 2004 and the 2005 Television season lineups.

Those of us living in the present have long known that is the plan.

speaking of rsn's in hd, can someone answer this question? last night (saturday), i received the hd broadcast of the florida panthers game but not the sd because i don't live in panthers territory (lightning). could someone explain why? thanks.

speaking of rsn's in hd, can someone answer this question? last night (saturday), i received the hd broadcast of the florida panthers game but not the sd because i don't live in panthers territory (lightning). could someone explain why? thanks.

Was it on channel 95 ? and do you have the Sports package ?

Jimbo

Your question is a good one. While I cannot give you an answer, I can tell you that there are inconsistencies in what you will sometimes receive and not receive, especially when it comes to the hockey. I posted a thread several weeks ago that I could only get the Penguins feed, not the HD on 95 or the CBC feed. I am 200 miles from Pittsburgh, but the other feeds were blacked out (this had never happened to me before). Then wouldn't you know, midway through the second period, all three feeds were available!

DirecTV's uplink center is staffed with a bunch of Homer Simpsons. There is nothing consistent with NHL CI on DirecTV.

jimbo, it was on channel 96 and no i don't have any sports packages (yet).

that does raise a good question. if i were to sign up for the half season package of nba league pass, would that mean i would get the miami heat games in hd, from sun sports.......since that is one of the 2 RSN's in florida? i ask because i see quite a few hd games sked for march!!

jimbo, it was on channel 96 and no i don't have any sports packages (yet).

that does raise a good question. if i were to sign up for the half season package of nba league pass, would that mean i would get the miami heat games in hd, from sun sports.......since that is one of the 2 RSN's in florida? i ask because i see quite a few hd games sked for march!!

Assuming that Sun Sports is your local RSN and the Heat are your local team and you have the equipment to get the MPEG4 games on 96 then you don't need NBA League Pass since it your local team.

I'll give Detroit as an example. Those in the Detroit market get FSN Detroit games in HD on channel 96 or 97. Pistons, Red Wings and Tigers. No need for Center Ice or League Pass or Extra Innings. 96 or 97 is just an HD simulcast of what they already get on 636 (FSN Detroit).
Same would be for you. HD games on 96 or 97 would just be a simulcast of what you aready get on your SD Sun Sports channel.

Sounds like you already are getting games on 96 so pop your zip code in on this page to see if Heat in HD show up as available to you. http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004

actually, i asked the question because i'm in orlando magic and tampa bay lightning territory not florida panthers or miami heat. but i taped the panthers saturday night game in hd (although it wasn't on sd).

and sun sports and fox sports net florida (which broadcast the panthers game) are my rsn's.

that link confirms this. guess, it must have been a fluke?

I wonder if these RSNs are included in the 100+ HD channels D* claims?

actually, i asked the question because i'm in orlando magic and tampa bay lightning territory not florida panthers or miami heat. but i taped the panthers saturday night game in hd (although it wasn't on sd).

and sun sports and fox sports net florida (which broadcast the panthers game) are my rsn's.

that link confirms this. guess, it must have been a fluke?

I believe it was a fluke. I'm in Lightning/Magic territory. While the Panthers/Heat games on 96 show up in the guide, they are blacked out for me...did catch one Panthers game there where they screwed up the blackout.

Being a subscriber to League Pass/Center Ice doesn't stop the blackouts, unfortunately.

huh? i've subscribed to league pass before and got to see the heat. if i was in there territory, it would be a different story. like when i was with bright house. because they never carried fsn florida, i could never get the marlins, even with the baseball package!

huh? i've subscribed to league pass before and got to see the heat. if i was in there territory, it would be a different story. like when i was with bright house. because they never carried fsn florida, i could never get the marlins, even with the baseball package!
I went to D* Sports lookup page and put in the below Daytona Zip Code and the following came up. You are like us in Melbourne, you will get all teams except the Miami Heat. Which I would swap any day for the Magic.

These same channels show for my zip, but I get all the HD games of the Panthers, Marlins and Devil Rays. I do subscribe to Center Ice and MLB though.

The 32114 ZIP Code (Daytona Beach) is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s):

SD: Standard Definition
HD: High Definition

With any TOTAL CHOICE® Premier package or any TOTAL CHOICE® package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:
Sun Sports
Florida Marlins (SD Only)
Orlando Magic (HD Available)
Tampa Bay Lightning (SD Only)

FSN Florida
Florida Marlins (SD Only)
Florida Panthers (SD Only)
Tampa Bay Devil Rays (SD Only)

yeah, lou, i popped in a melbourne zip and saw that you got the panthers!!

i don't understand why more of their games and more of the heat games are in hd. gotta crack a whip at somebody to start showing more than 10 magic and bolt games a season.

well, at least, baseball is only a few months away!!!

i just reread your post again. how did you manage to pop in 32114 zip and get the panthers? when i checked a few days ago, i just got the lightning and magic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)