RT on channel 280

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
It's mentioned in the Uplink thread, but I know many don't go there. Russian Television, (In English) is now available and I see the DIRT team is indicating on packages 120 and up. This is a very nice addition.

Its a very interesting channel, it seems when I go to a hotel over the past year they always have this channel.

Its interesting to see other countries take on the United States, even though I don't always agree with their slant.

It's mentioned in the Uplink thread, but I know many don't go there. Russian Television, (In English) is now available and I see the DIRT team is indicating on packages 120 and up. This is a very nice addition.

"Russia Today (RT) has been added the International Basic Pack, Russian: Mega Pack, DishLATINO Max, and AT120 and above at no additional cost to customers"

I'm sure this is the post you were referring to on another site

Funny how dish won't carry the channels people want BBCW, CNNI, AJE, NHKW, but they will carry RT which is another channel, like CCTV that is paying dish network for carriage. That's why it is located in the 280s. Or is it perhaps part of an international launch discount. Sounds like a good antitrust investigation should be launched pun intended by the feds to find out exactly what is going on with echostar.

Funny how dish won't carry the channels people want BBCW, CNNI, AJE, NHKW, but they will carry RT which is another channel, like CCTV that is paying dish network for carriage. That's why it is located in the 280s. Or is it perhaps part of an international launch discount. Sounds like a good antitrust investigation should be launched pun intended by the feds to find out exactly what is going on with echostar.
maybe they should investigate Dish network instead ;)

How about this. Dish can carry whatever it wants to that makes business sense, you can subscribe to whatever service you want to that makes your consumer sense. Charter where I am does not carry a 1% of the international programming Dish does, in fact almost no one does. Lets have the government make them all carry that too....

I thought RT was just another "PI" channel

I can see how you might think that. But in this case, no. It actually carries News, cultural items, political discussions, etc..... It has been available on Roku. (As is most of the international news channels)

and won't be unless / until echostar (not dish network) can curry some more favors from the russians!

Is there any news on this channel?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching it last night and it was clearly news oriented (I think the program title was "Headline News" or something).

it is sad that I can't add the 10 dollar international basic package to my dish network package. because of this dish is losing money and I can't watch RT news

it is sad that I can't add the 10 dollar international basic package to my dish network package. because of this dish is losing money and I can't watch RT news

??? It's part of every package 120 and up, plus others........That's what the thread is about. Dish is giving it to you.

"Russia Today (RT) has been added the International Basic Pack, Russian: Mega Pack, DishLATINO Max, and AT120 and above at no additional cost to customers"

What package do you currently subscribe to?

RT is available in:

International Basic Pack
Russian: Mega Pack
DishLATINO Max
AT 120 and above

Is it available in the metal packages (DA, Silver, Gold)?

Its NOT in Welcome Pack or Dish Family

edit: NOT in DishAmerica, Silver or Gold

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)