West
icon3.png
RTi core RC5 Enigma 2

New ver. RC5
Changes in kernel - necessarily to write kernel (check 'copy kernel' in azup),
ofcourse it is necessary only one time
smile.png

What is new :
- NEW Kernel - allowed to use/install E2 on DOM and Official FW (dofferent kernel-old kernel) to USB stick
- NEW structure/file format - now E2 files/kernel use .e2 extension
NEW AZUp v.2.x.x - use only new .e2 extension
- allow to prepare and install official FW on USB stick
- allow to make Backup ch.list, settings and camd setings/scripts/cfgs from installed Enigma2 and Restore to new fresh E2 installation.
-Added additional control before install : check cpu speed and if overclocked - reset to default value
- Checking free ram (min) needed for some operation
- Checking existing/correct mount for storage device - where you want to install E2.
- Auto switch to rescue mode if AZBox is in E2 mode
- Alsoo now you can see info about loaded E2 File
pls read Readme file for more info about AZUp 2

AZUp 2
Files need for install Official FW on USB
E2 RTi Core RC5

I can confirm files above work well as long as you follow in the instructions. New install files for E2 include everything you need. I am now have E2 RC5 is running on DOM and Factory firmware (5300) installed on USB.

haha. you beat me to it. dual booting myself now. i just got done loading and now its time to check whats up with the patch.alt file. seems pretty funny to me how the first 5300 update from opensat loaded in french and so does the oem file provided by the rti team. ah well enuff speculating and on with the testing.

crackt out,.

So far so good with RC5. One thing I've noticed with the new driver structure is that the overclock option works whereas previously the audio/video were screwed up. From what I've read there really hasn't been any change from RC4 -> RC5 other than driver structure so not expecting AC3 sound to be fixed. Supposedly, in addition to bug fixes, next release will include support for 2 two tuners.

i did run across a reference to a script that will create the patch.alt file on the enigma forum. cant wait to get my hands on it. i was able to open the file with 7zip, and was going to try and inject files from a version other than 5300 to see if it would work. only prob is id have to flash back to said version and grab the files by ftp as i cant process a patch.bin file. im also eager to see the neutrino build when its released. ive played with neutrino rtos on an x86 desktop and it was the fastest thing since sliced bread. haha.

crackt out,.

please let us know or upload a 5301 patch.alt file if you figure out how to make one, that works ;)

FYI: For anyone who does decide to try out dual boot option, E2 installed fine and booted up to start-up wizards with AZbox connected to display over HDMI cable. Unfortunately factory firmware still defaults to PAL on initial bootup so don't be suprised by black screen initially. Connect a composite video cable (yellow) to your display to see video output and change video output to NTSC and 1080p, or whatsever is appropriate for your setup.

I'd like to know what it is that is working 100% exactly.
I have yet to see any in depth review of this project, and how it will change things for those who have an azbox.
Did they fix the recording issues with high bit rate signals?
Do you need a new set of editor programs to use with it?
What if you N/A your satellite/channel list, are you going to have to redo everything?
I can think of many more questions but I have not seen any specific answers so far to anything.

Hi Stargaze,
While its getting close and definitely improving, there are still significant issues which need to be addressed before I would recommend using as a replacement over factory firmware. As it gets closer to completion, I would be happy to do a review.

Known issues/limitations:
AC3 pids not detected on transponder scan = no sound on AC3 channels/feeds. supposedly you can manually enter them but I consider this is a major PITA
Currently no hardware blindscan. Not an issue for elite/premium but significant limitation for premium+/ultra
Stability. While infrequent, I still get an occasional crash when using the antenna position module.
Media Player- Still under development although will likely be improvement over factory
Recording- Still under development. I have recorded HD feeds although have not yet tried with high bit rate feeds which fail on factory firmware. Perhaps crackt can weigh in.
Support for dual tuners is nearing completion.
Motor control. You can use/mix both USALS and DiSEqC for satellite position which seems to be an issue for factory firmware.
Anntenna positioning. Setup very different from factory although highly configurable including an auto-tune feature. I think its easier to tweak positioning/signal with E2
Channel editors. Most people use Dreamboxedit which is pretty simple. I haven not seen an app to convert factory firmware channel lists to E2 format.

Last edited:
That is a nice review there. Thanks!
After hearing about this for some time this is by far one of the most enlightening posts I have heard so far concerning this project.
I realize it is still beta stages but somewhere along the line things need to be kept track of and hopefully everything would get sorted out by the time it is ready for the general public.

Dev team is doing a great job but its going to take time before its ready. A few more thoughts...
Wizards. In contrast to factory firmware which may default to PAL after reflash or default settings, E2 starts up with wizards to configure video display output, brightness/contrast, networking.
Project Valerie. I have not yet tried this although from the screen shots and videos on you tube, it makes your azbox a pretty powerful mediaplayer.
Dual boot option. With most recent release, you can dual boot E2 and factory 5300. Haven't figured out yet how to go from 5300 -> 5301.
Remote control mapping. Default mapping of buttons on remote doesn't match factory firmware (or remote). Updated keymap.xml available which restores button fuctions to what we're used to.

I'd like to know what it is that is working 100% exactly.
I have yet to see any in depth review of this project, and how it will change things for those who have an azbox.
Did they fix the recording issues with high bit rate signals?
Do you need a new set of editor programs to use with it?
What if you N/A your satellite/channel list, are you going to have to redo everything?
I can think of many more questions but I have not seen any specific answers so far to anything.

Absolutely right....I haven't seen any answers either! The most important for me is the hardware blind scan on the Prem plus. Personally I think the Enigma will be more geared to the hacking side of things.

thanks. looks like 5302 is out so you can probably skip 5301. rumor has it next release will include option to dual boot to neutrino.

mr3p said:
thanks. looks like 5302 is out so you can probably skip 5301. rumor has it next release will include option to dual boot to neutrino.

i had a go at making those images last night but non of them would boot. i flashed rc6 at the same time so that may have been an issue. either way i wont upload them alt files until they boot. ill give it another try tonight.

crackt out,.

thanks, I've been too busy to do much anyway so no rush. I'll download RC6 and try and install today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts