300 file recording limit

ebo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
central missouri
I hit a limit on the number of files - 300 - that can reside in the recordfiles folder on the az. I've got a 1TB external on my elite that's half full. The other night I set up a recording and when it came time to record the show, got a message about 300 entries - delete some to record. That was on the first of five set up to record. It did record the 2nd show, but it will not show up in the list until you delete a show. Well I thought that it's doing the recording but has a limit on the amount it would display. Not quite. When I set up another series to record - it will accept the reservations - and came home from work, the box was unresponsive to the remote. I had posted a message on the azbox site about the problem and the reply was to move files to another folder. I telneted in to the az and did so. It is now back to recording. You can use the file manager to create a new folder and copy the files, but it is impossibly slow. I suggest you telnet in and mv the files.

ebo

I had posted a message on the azbox site about the problem and the reply was to move files to another folder. I telneted in to the az and did so. It is now back to recording. You can use the file manager to create a new folder and copy the files, but it is impossibly slow. I suggest you telnet in and mv the files.

ebo

OK, maybe I am a little bit dense on this at the moment, but what exactly did you do?
Where / how did you create a new folder?

I wonder if Opensat can re-work the code to allow more recordings instead of limiting it to 300 ?

This was one of the issues I was going over with Radar. We both are scratching our heads on this as it does not make much sense.
If you have 300 recorded files on the Azbox and receive this message, Opensat says to create a new folder and move some of them to the new folder. OK, so you can use Maz, go to the Data, hard drive, recordfile, area where your tv recordings are on your hard drive, then near the top left side of Maz use the Make New Directory and then a box pops up for you to make a new folder. Now you use the remote and go to File Manager and select some files that you want to move to the new folder. I use the "Check" feature on the remote and marked 6-7 at a time, then press the Menu key and highlighted "CUT"; when the box came up saying it was selected to cut I then arrowed to the new folder opened it up then hit the menu button once more and hit "Paste".. The files moved to the new folder in less than 4 seconds.
The part that has us perplexed is if there is a 300 file limit well all we are doing is moving the files to a new folder within the recordfile section so we are not actually reducing the amount of files in there.
The only thing I can think of is there is some code that may say, 300 lines and that is the limit. That would make more sense than just saying your allowed 300 recordings.
But I'm not a programmer and really don't know about such things......
Does any of this make sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts