mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West

As posted on the RTi forum:

What is new?

- Kernel (Linux AZBoxHD 2.6.22.19-25-the-ripper #54 PREEMPT Sun Aug 14 02:44:53 CEST 2011 mips GNU/Linux)

- Drivers from 20.10.2011 (Overall performance and stability is better now)

- hdmi standby fix

- audio problem fix (C+Nl)

- scart (analog video out) fix

- add teletext

- Luma Keying add

- New Online Updater
To Load this Enigma2 use AZUp attached together with Enigma 2.​

Download:

RTi Core v1.3 Enigma 2

Discussion thread:

[TALK] RTi Core v1.3 Enigma 2

I have not yet had the chance to install however I do not see that a blindscan plug-in has been added. New patches for our current Azbox receivers may continue but like it or not, E2 and Neutrino are the OS for AZBox going forward.

I do not mean to sound stupid, but I am not really sure what is going on. Would this be something that I would want to update my AZBox Premium + to?

Enigma2 is different firmware/OS which is used on multiple different satellite receivers, more commonly in Europe. You can google it to learn more or spend some time reading from the RTi forum at the link above. Overall, I think E2 is a better option, more responsive, more configurable with better eye candy than factory firmware however the current lack of support for hardware blindscan makes it difficult for me to say its better for Premium + and Ultra. If I had an Elite or Premium, I'd probably prefer E2 although like anything else the decision is personal.

E2 is more desirable over here (UK) for cardshare ....ie sharing codes across the internet to descramble channels, it also gives the option for a 7 day EPG, nice looking GUIs (skins)

facilties like IMDB (so you can get IMDB info for a movie within the EPG)

all sorts of plugins for weather, multimedia (mp4s etc), football (soccer) , youtube, IP television etc, all sorts...

but i was looking forward to the ME for blind scanning and 4.2.2 gains, over the [premium plus) hopefully will be faster and can do APSQ as well as QSPK or whatever theyr'e called...

but if the E2 or Neutriono wont be able to do blind scan, then i may as well pick up a cheap premium plus for my 4.2.2 feeds and blind scanning (i have a premium, but miss the facility to do blind scan)

i was hoping (like most of you the ME might be able to handle and record HI BIT RATE feeds...)

I agree with everything you've said. The main E2 developer (the_Ripper) has already stated they will be adding a blindscan plug-in so I think it will happen but when is anyones guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts