RTN new programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:( OK thanks Iceberg. Maybe the KU RTNs will pick up some of this programming later. How much of Springer, court shows, The Nanny, and Mad About You can we watch? :D

tvpro , what is the audio PID thats working for you? I couldn't get it at all the day I posted the orig message about it. Haven;t tried since then, been watching 121, soundtrack channel is pretty nice

tvpro , what is the audio PID thats working for you? I couldn't get it at all the day I posted the orig message about it. Haven;t tried since then, been watching 121, soundtrack channel is pretty nice

Freq: 4040 Mhz
SR: 29120
FEC: 7/8
VPID: 36
APID: 35 (AC-3 Audio)
PCR: 36

That's what works for me. Hope you get it up and running.:) I know in the Pansat the Ac-3 flag has to be on. Try manually entering the data first. If that don't work then try scanning with only the video pid in there and let your receiver try to find the audio. I know that you can force the Ac-3 flag in the Pansat using the channel editor software.

THat's what I have, but it wouldn't ever come on a few days ago. I'll check it in a min, been checking some others, just about everything with ac3 works on AMC11 c-band, even the scrambled channels, BUT NOT BLOOMBERG ! (only one I get video on lol)
edit to add:
Still won't work, tried all kind of ways, delete rescan etc, nothing. Thought maybe was the high bitrate, 29108 so I went to G10 Outdoor
Channels with ac-3 , POPS right in loud and clear, with its high bitrate too. So that aint it. I give up, its making my head hurt.

Last edited:
THat's what I have, but it wouldn't ever come on a few days ago. I'll check it in a min, been checking some others, just about everything with ac3 works on AMC11 c-band, even the scrambled channels, BUT NOT BLOOMBERG ! (only one I get video on lol)
edit to add:
Still won't work, tried all kind of ways, delete rescan etc, nothing. Thought maybe was the high bitrate, 29108 so I went to G10 Outdoor
Channels with ac-3 , POPS right in loud and clear, with its high bitrate too. So that aint it. I give up, its making my head hurt.

Is your Satellite receiver showing the Ac3 flag? If my Pansat scans without the Ac3 flag it would have no audio. What satellite receiver do you have? I heard that sometimes you need to flash the receiver for Ac3 issues. My Pansat has last Decembers flash in it. Also your stereo receiver may be getting corrupted data. I show it as PCM digital on my Yamaha. Wish I could be of more help. I can only go by my finding's with my Pansat 2700A and Yamaha HTR 5930. Maybe some one else can post that has the same receiver as you and give you there results.

I don't care for Ac3 much myself since it limits flexibility. It's also flaky such as you are experiencing. Mpeg audio is fine by me. To record or watch WRAZ anywhere in my house besides at the main point (my home theater) I need to plug a cable into the headphone jack of my Yamaha and feed that into my V/A distribution amp for my FTA receiver. Going to have to build a switch box for that someday. More knobs switches and dials to turn. Like I don't have enough now !sadroll

I think satellite tv is reverting back to it's beginnings, soon we'll need 20 boxes and adapters just to watch one channel. Time to find more shelf space, and get a second mortgage on the house. :D

It's a viewsat ultra, I bought it when they first came out and there's always been problems trying to get ac-3 channels. The firmware they have now does make it work on most ac3 though, but that was after waiting 6months for the problem to be addressed (apparently, they had other markets in mind as seen in recent news reports lol)
There's no 'flag' to change, it either sees the audio as "Dolby" and picks it up on its own, or, as I've found, some channels it just won't work on, manual pids entry or not.

It's a viewsat ultra, I bought it when they first came out and there's always been problems trying to get ac-3 channels. The firmware they have now does make it work on most ac3 though, but that was after waiting 6months for the problem to be addressed (apparently, they had other markets in mind as seen in recent news reports lol)
There's no 'flag' to change, it either sees the audio as "Dolby" and picks it up on its own, or, as I've found, some channels it just won't work on, manual pids entry or not.

See if you can get your hands on a Pansat. You won't regret it. When I was looking at FTA recievers Mike Kohl recommended the Pansat to work very well with Ac3. I knew more and more of this stuff was going to be Ac3 so that's why I went with the Pansat. I was going to get a Traxis but there buggy with Ac'3 also. The cool thing about my 2700 is I can hook it to my Pc and use the channel editor software and force the Ac3 flag if it don't want to find it by itself. Short of contacting Viewsat and waiting for another upgrade that will work your kind of stuck. Time for an upgrade I think, with this satellite stuff your never done :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)