RTN on 83w AMC9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am in Ontario and I too noticed a slight increase in quality for RTV.

Late Friday and all Saturday we had rain and more rain. At one point on Friday night I had almost no signal on anything. Come Sunday morning, all was fine and thats when I noticed that RTV was coming in at a steady 70%.
With a 90cm dish and a Coolsat 5000, I usually have a pixelated picture at about 66%.

Hopefully.... It will stay at 70%;)

I think I will try again for RTN with my primestar dish. I wasn't able to get it when they first moved.

Is RTN's 11735 the strongest transponder on AMC 9 now or is 12160 what I should be aiming for then switch over to RTN once I get the satellite locked?

RTV is the weekest of them all.

There is an AMC-9 info bar channel. Not sure of the numbers though (I am at work right now). It is strong. Lock on that first.

Sometimes I tend to get a stronger signal for RTV if I move the dish over slightly to the east. Around 82.5W.

Yesterday I aimed my primestar dish to get RTN. With the fortec NA I get a quality of around 53-59. While I was messing around I aimed my BUD there also and am getting the same quality with it. I guess the shows how good the primestar is or how bad my BUD is!

laser

I tried that too with the 6 footer

quality on a 36" dish.....45-47
quality on a 6 footer with prime focus KU LNB...62

so there is a little difference on a solid dish. Is your dish solid or mesh?

Mesh dishes will loose more than solid dishes. It's all about surface accuracy with ku. Smaller offset's perform better then a solid or spun c band dish unless it is fitted with an LNBF designed for a prime focus dish.

It's about a 6 foot mesh dish. I bought it for c-band about 20 years age and have since added a C/KU lnb. I'm thinking about where to us it for C-band as I get no advantage on KU over the primestar dish.

I am more and more impresed with the Primestar dish the more I use it. It is easy to aim, I like the skew adjustment scale, and it gets a good signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts