RTN on 83w AMC9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am in Ontario and I too noticed a slight increase in quality for RTV.

Late Friday and all Saturday we had rain and more rain. At one point on Friday night I had almost no signal on anything. Come Sunday morning, all was fine and thats when I noticed that RTV was coming in at a steady 70%.
With a 90cm dish and a Coolsat 5000, I usually have a pixelated picture at about 66%.

Hopefully.... It will stay at 70%;)

I think I will try again for RTN with my primestar dish. I wasn't able to get it when they first moved.

Is RTN's 11735 the strongest transponder on AMC 9 now or is 12160 what I should be aiming for then switch over to RTN once I get the satellite locked?

RTV is the weekest of them all.

There is an AMC-9 info bar channel. Not sure of the numbers though (I am at work right now). It is strong. Lock on that first.

Sometimes I tend to get a stronger signal for RTV if I move the dish over slightly to the east. Around 82.5W.

Yesterday I aimed my primestar dish to get RTN. With the fortec NA I get a quality of around 53-59. While I was messing around I aimed my BUD there also and am getting the same quality with it. I guess the shows how good the primestar is or how bad my BUD is!

laser

I tried that too with the 6 footer

quality on a 36" dish.....45-47
quality on a 6 footer with prime focus KU LNB...62

so there is a little difference on a solid dish. Is your dish solid or mesh?

Mesh dishes will loose more than solid dishes. It's all about surface accuracy with ku. Smaller offset's perform better then a solid or spun c band dish unless it is fitted with an LNBF designed for a prime focus dish.

It's about a 6 foot mesh dish. I bought it for c-band about 20 years age and have since added a C/KU lnb. I'm thinking about where to us it for C-band as I get no advantage on KU over the primestar dish.

I am more and more impresed with the Primestar dish the more I use it. It is easy to aim, I like the skew adjustment scale, and it gets a good signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts