I have a satworks 3618.

According to the forum RTN is on amc 3

DVB-S2

What is DVB-S2?

-

Last edited by a moderator:
RTN

RTN East and West are on AMC9 at 83 degrees west

Scroll down a bit in the forums - there is a good discussion on how to tune it in. It took me a couple hours - works ok

Have fun

Ian R.

DVB-S2 is a more modern standard for Satellite communications than DVB-S, which most FTA receivers support. The standard includes both QPSK and 8PSK modulations and FEC values up to 9/10, among other things.
You need a compatible receiver , and a precisely aimed dish, typically, to pick up the DVB-S2 signals. Among the boxes that support DVB-S2 are the Coolsat8000/8100, Pansat 9200, Vantage 1100S HD, AZbox HD Elite, and some other HD fta boxes. Googling will give you a lot more info, and searching the forums on DVB-S2 will give you a lot of info, too.
:)

I'm not sure if I misunderstood what the OP was trying to say, but RTN is plain DVB-S, not DVB-S2. It is on 83w (AMC-9), but does not require a DVB-S2 receiver.

I'm not sure if I misunderstood what the OP was trying to say, but RTN is plain DVB-S, not DVB-S2. It is on 83w (AMC-9), but does not require a DVB-S2 receiver.

I assume that the OP was referring to the 80 or so RTN channels that DO require S2 , but since he can't get them with his DVB-S receiver, he's better off going after the AMC9 channels.

Thanks for info on DVB-S2

DVB-S2 is a more modern standard for Satellite communications than DVB-S, which most FTA receivers support. The standard includes both QPSK and 8PSK modulations and FEC values up to 9/10, among other things.
You need a compatible receiver , and a precisely aimed dish, typically, to pick up the DVB-S2 signals. Among the boxes that support DVB-S2 are the Coolsat8000/8100, Pansat 9200, Vantage 1100S HD, AZbox HD Elite, and some other HD fta boxes. Googling will give you a lot more info, and searching the forums on DVB-S2 will give you a lot of info, too.

Using DVB-S2 how many more channels can one get on satellite besides the amc 3 rtn channels.

I suspect there are more channels that can be gotten using DVB-S2

-

There are more DVB-S2 8psk transponders on C-band , than on Ku band . The world standard for HD is now DVB-S2 8psk mpeg4 compresssion. North American stuff is just slower to embrace standards than other places.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts