RTN Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Mar 9, 2007
I noticed yesterday that 11720 and 11800 are having issues. I don't think its on my end. I thought it was the rain here but that has stopped and its still messed up. 11720 is breaking up every few seconds and 11800 is lower than normal in quality. When I look at my Pansats meter 11720 quality takes a dive to about 15 or so every 3 to 4 seconds. Everything else on G-18 is fine. Is anyone else experiencing anything like that?

It's probably the weather at the uplink - on Monday, my signal levels were very poor for any of those signals coming from the Little Rock area.

I pulled up the NWS little rock radar and there were plenty of heavy rain cells in the area so the weather probably was attenuating the uplink.

I just confirmed there is a problem with Equity 's 11720 on G-18 with another member here on PM. There is a stutter every 3 to 4 seconds in the video. Equity's uplinks have got to have the most problems of any uplinks I've seen, and I've been in this game over 21 years. I wonder what surplus center they get there parts at? :rolleyes:

I noticed yesterday that 11720 and 11800 are having issues. I don't think its on my end. I thought it was the rain here but that has stopped and its still messed up. 11720 is breaking up every few seconds and 11800 is lower than normal in quality. When I look at my Pansats meter 11720 quality takes a dive to about 15 or so every 3 to 4 seconds. Everything else on G-18 is fine. Is anyone else experiencing anything like that?

Experiencing the exact same symptoms as you describe. Even did a slight re-point yesterday with no change on those two frenquencies. Everything else is fine.

I noticed it Monday evening and while it was breaking up there was a garbled weather warning coming through. The weather radar was all red from the screen I saw.

Last night 12114V was still really low, only about 30Q and pixelating.

I lost the sound on the RTN backup channel last Friday. A rescan of G18 brought it back.

I think the nearby neighbor @ 125 is an issue. Hopefully they get all that straightened out. Either that or we all upgrade to larger Ku dishes.

me too

Not breaking up the picture but I notice the 11800 channels a little weaker, and quality on that tp and 11720 seems to go up and down like something cycling on/off.
11720 channels are stronger though, quality goes from about 64-75 back and forth every couple of seconds, on 11800 from about 50 to 65 up and down. That's with the old primestar 1.0M dish.

I'm not watching RTN all that much anymore. There is no more retro TV programing in prime time :(

I've been in touch with the family that I gave the FTA system to a couple of months ago. They are using a 31" Alphastar dish on Galaxy 18 and they're having the same issues with picture breakup etc.

I am using a DirecPC dish (It's eliptical - I don't know how many inches it is, but it is fairly big) and it is working fine - Sorry I don't have signal quality numbers right now - I can check tonight..

Here in California, there is no signal at all at 11800 .
11720 still shows as usual.
Beam pattern changed?

Anyone know what transponders are lit up on 125 for PBS? Lyngsat has nothing posted yet. Wonder if we can do some detective work and see if there's adjacent satellite interference or does RTN have some issues since it don't seem to effect anything but mostly 11720.

Not breaking up the picture but I notice the 11800 channels a little weaker, and quality on that tp and 11720 seems to go up and down like something cycling on/off.
11720 channels are stronger though, quality goes from about 64-75 back and forth every couple of seconds, on 11800 from about 50 to 65 up and down. That's with the old primestar 1.0M dish.

Turbosat, I'm seeing the same scenario here in Illinois except 11720 will drop from 50 to 60 to 15 and back that when she breaks up. That's on the Pansat 2700 quick meter.

Anyone know what transponders are lit up on 125 for PBS? Lyngsat has nothing posted yet. Wonder if we can do some detective work and see if there's adjacent satellite interference or does RTN have some issues since it don't seem to effect anything but mostly 11720.

everything on AMC21 that is active is 12100 and above

everything on AMC21 that is active is 12100 and above

Thanks Ice, well that rules out adjacent satellite interference. Wonder if RTN's uplink got stuck by lightning Monday during a storm and there limping along on a wing and a prayer till new parts arrive and are installed. BTW how are you receiving 11720 in Minnesota? Is the quality stable or all over the place? Check one more thing Ice is the FEC still 3/4?

11720 was pretty solid this morning even with the Q dipping but now it's falling apart when she dips low.

yep the FEC is still 3/4

whats weird is on 11720 & 11800 I get a 72-73 quality on the Coolsat and havent seen the quick dropouts yet...of course I only watched maybe 5 minutes...lemme see what happens on mine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)