RTN Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I thought Equity found some money and was converting to C-band for the long run. :cool:
That'll solve this weather-related problem that crops up every season. - :up

As to adjacent satellite interference, well, everyone who has trouble really should comment on what sort of dish, LNB, and receiver they are using.
Also, whether your LNB is one of many on your dish, and at the focal point.
Perhaps a pattern will emerge from such info. :eureka

yep the FEC is still 3/4

whats weird is on 11720 & 11800 I get a 72-73 quality on the Coolsat and havent seen the quick dropouts yet...of course I only watched maybe 5 minutes...lemme see what happens on mine

The Pansats meter is instant with changes so it show drops fast. It's to a point that it drops to 10 to 15 from 55-60 and when that happens it breaks up and pixalates, very irritating to watch here. WNGS is okay on C band but not Ku.

On 11720 I'm seeing erratic signal from 30%-50%,with occasional drops into the teens. 11800 is totally dead for me.

This is the first time I've checked it in a few days but for the last month or 6 weeks I've had a steady 50 or 60% on 11720 and a good 40-50% on 11800, all readings on Visionsat 200 & 3ABN .9m combo, weather is not a factor here now in SW MO.

I thought Equity found some money and was converting to C-band for the long run. :cool:
That'll solve this weather-related problem that crops up every season. - :up

As to adjacent satellite interference, well, everyone who has trouble really should comment on what sort of dish, LNB, and receiver they are using.

Pansat 2700A
85cm ADTH dish with 2 Geosatpro bullet LNBF's.
G-18 at boresight, G-27 offset.

80cm Fortec Star, Digiwave standard LNB, Pansat 3500SD, one of three LNBs on the dish, but it is at the focal point. Still breaking up as it has been since Monday night.

I remember Qwert found some signals on AMC21 that he thought might be DVB-S 8psk. I remember that my Pansat paused as if trying to get it, then moved on. Noticed today that when scanning AMC21 I am getting "pauses" at IF 974, 982, 1014, and from 1134 to 1182 (steps by 8). Now, I did just move my dish yesterday (was getting slight blockage from the house next door, and in the winter the snow on the roof would have caused a major loss in signal). I did a quick re-point on the dish after the move (it was getting late), so it may not have been locked on the sweet point for AMC21 and may be the "pauses" I'm getting are interference from G18! Anyhow, it might be something to look into, that signals other than the ones our receivers can lock on to may be causing interference.

On 11720 I'm seeing erratic signal from 30%-50%,with occasional drops into the teens. 11800 is totally dead for me.

This is the first time I've checked it in a few days but for the last month or 6 weeks I've had a steady 50 or 60% on 11720 and a good 40-50% on 11800, all readings on Visionsat 200 & 3ABN .9m combo, weather is not a factor here now in SW MO.

something is wrong then...on my Visionsat/Primestar combo
11720-fluctuating between 66-82
11800-steady 77

I remember Qwert found some signals on AMC21 that he thought might be DVB-S 8psk. I remember that my Pansat paused as if trying to get it, then moved on. Noticed today that when scanning AMC21 I am getting "pauses" at IF 974, 982, 1014, and from 1134 to 1182 (steps by 8). .

I noticed too when scanning vertical it stops at 11884, 11900-11906 & 11921-26, the red bar goes up to 50s quality on the Coolsat but then it moves on

I've been watching the A-Team on WNGS for 20 minutes now with no pixeling. Brought up the meter and it does fluctuate but picture still stable

Gave up on G-18 for now, watching the A-team on RTN backhaul on G3-C, solid 77 quality on the 12 foot. :) 7/8 FEC. Something changed on Ku the last few days and since quite a few are having problems here it's related to something either interfering or wrong with Equitys ku uplink. With all the smart guys up here someone will get to the bottom of this but it's going to take some time.

Pansat 9200, Universal LNBF, 1.0 meter Primestar...
11720: Quality between 68 and 73%.
11800: Quality between 56 and 69%.
Picture's stable on all RTN channels. There's some fluctuation, but not enough to cause breakups.

hmmm, I'll check it again in a bit, and some other Ku sats while I'm at it, see if I've got problems elsewhere.

I do have signal on 11800 now, only about 30% but fairly steady and viewable with the Visionsat.

11720 is still bouncing but not near as bad, and is still stronger than 11800.

The other transponders on G18 seem normal to me.

No other obvious issues on any other Ku sat from 72W-129W.

I am using an old DirecPC dish with a 10 year old ExpressVu Linear LNB and I am able to watch without any breakup on my Visionsat IV200.

The quality that I got on day 1 putting this dish up was in the high 60's. It gave me good picture, so I didn't bother spending hours trying to get it to go any higher.

Today (just 5 minutes ago) here's what I've got for quality.

11720 - Signal Quality is fluctuating, but it is from 53 to 61
11800 - Signal Quality is fluctuating as well, and the quality is much lower. 38 to 46

I just watched a couple of minutes of an infomercial on one of the 11800 transponders and it didn't break up during my quick check. I noticed on the signal meter that the signal strength and the signal quality are both going up and down at the same time. It is quite rhythmic - almost like a pulse. (Although it could just be how often the Visionsat software samples the signal)

........I noticed on the signal meter that the signal strength and the signal quality are both going up and down at the same time. It is quite rhythmic - almost like a pulse.

That's exactly what I was seeing on my Visionsat, D, it would pulse at approximately 1 second intervals.

Im looking at WNGS on G-18 11720 Pansat meter, Signal 80 Quality 58-61 then sharp drop anywhere between 26-18 for a second every 5 to 7 seconds. Its like there is TI or something pulsing. Right now the picture isn't breaking up at all but if the sharp peak down gets lower for any reason I will get breakup.

11800 is signal 79, quality 43 to 45 lower than normal 60 to 75. No breakup

Sunny skys here.

Things improved a bit last night, was still getting the wild fluctuations, but it wasn't dropping into the teens quite so much so the pixelation problem decreased dramatically and almost disappeared completely.

This morning:
11718 - signal fluctuating between 45 to 60, with drops to low of about 24 to 30 every second or so, the same pulse effect as already mentioned. Not getting any pixelation. Signal before this happened was usually around 60.

11798 - signal fluctuating between 34 to 46, usually keeps in the 40's, not as wild as 11718 or as rhythmatic a pulse as 11718. Signal before this happened was usually 60's to low 70's, usually always better than 11718.

(The above almost sounds like a weather report!)

The family that I gave the FTA system to a couple months ago are experiencing the same issue.. They're only using a 31" dish, so right now it seems to me that people with larger dishes seem to be OK, just because they've got a stronger signal to begin with, am I right? Or is it because a larger dish is able to better handle the 2 degree spacing of the birds? Have we ruled out AMC21 as being the cause of the interference?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts