RTV 87W move?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I gave up and use 137W if need be :)
(of course the further east you are the harder it will be to grab)

This MUX on 87W was being received just fine once again last week, but then couldn't be received yesterday. I wish they had just left the MUX's alone and never tried to fit everything into a single MUX. It's all about money and I can see their reason, but I miss the RTV channels on this satellite.

I'm noticing the weather is greatly affecting the signals I get on RTV on 87 and 137W. Sunny for several days and no problem at all. Yesterday rain late and overcast today...still getting a watchable signal but its down considerably. 87W RTV was 63-67% now 53-56%. Other channels on 87W are at 70%.
137W I'm getting RTV in the 53-56% and nothing else at this point due to leaves on the neighbors tree still. 137w seems to be easier for me to lock though. Basically the slightest bunch of clouds moves in here and 87W RTV is way down
Wonder if perhaps there were storms this weekend in Chattanooga Tn affecting uplink?

This MUX on 87W was being received just fine once again last week, but then couldn't be received yesterday. I wish they had just left the MUX's alone and never tried to fit everything into a single MUX. It's all about money and I can see their reason, but I miss the RTV channels on this satellite.

The number of channels in the mux has nothing to do with the transponder change. (And the number of channels was reduced from 36 to 30.) Condensing the channels was a side-effect, not the cause.

- Trip

The number of channels in the mux has nothing to do with the transponder change. (And the number of channels was reduced from 36 to 30.) Condensing the channels was a side-effect, not the cause.

- Trip

However, the FEC was changed making the MUX harder to receive.

I'm sorry but that is funny as heck. :)

I'm sorry, I misread this email seen on another forum:

Subject:
RE: LUKEN MUX SES-2
Date:
10/02/12 16:54:22
To:
<jtb3->

Good afternoon,

This past weekend, the Luken muxes on both AMC-7 (137W) and SES-2 (87W) changed frequencies. On AMC-7, this meant a move from 4160 to 4000, and on SES-2, we combined 3800 and 4080 into a single transponder on 3920. For most viewers and broadcast TV affiliates, this transition went smoothly, but some whose dishes were slightly out of alignment or LNBs were slightly off polarity needed to correct these issues. For some home viewers, certain receivers seem to be having issues decoding our signal for reasons I have not yet been able to explain. Certain models of the AZ Box are known to have this issue, for example. I do not have a full list of impacted receivers.

Additionally, due to our use of DVB-S2 8PSK with an FEC of 5/6 in order to have enough bandwidth to provide all the services we do, our signal is likely the most difficult to receive on either satellite. It is not that we want to make it challenging to receive, but rather it is the tradeoff we have made to ensure we can provide as many services as possible without having to spend the money on additional satellite space.

For clarity, here is tuning information for our transponders:

SES-2 (87W)
3920H 29125
DVB-S2 8PSK
FEC 5/6

AMC-7 (137W)
4000H 29125
DVB-S2 8PSK
FEC 5/6

AMC-9 (83W) Ku feed
11735H 4439
DVB-S
FEC 3/4

I hope this helps in some way and that you are able to continue watching our networks.

Broadcast Engineer
Luken Communications, LLC

I wanted to apologize in case my last message, the one to which Iceberg responded, came across as rude. I reread it and I feel like it could have been taken that way. Please accept my apology if that was the case. I certainly did not intend that to be the case.

- Trip

I wanted to apologize in case my last message, the one to which Iceberg responded, came across as rude. I reread it and I feel like it could have been taken that way. Please accept my apology if that was the case. I certainly did not intend that to be the case.

- Trip

Naaa your fine. :)

I know Luken on 87W has changed ther Freq's and I am using form the earlier list of 3920 H 29125. I am using my MicroHD and the video resolution on the screen says (576i). My signals are S90-Q53. The rest of the transponders are doing great on 87W. The weather nation is wonder. I have tried many settings with my video and can't pull in Luken staions. Wondering if I am doing something wrong. Help needed! Thanks!:confused:

Subject:
RE: LUKEN MUX SES-2
Date:
10/02/12 16:54:22
To:
<jtb3->

Good afternoon,

This past weekend, the Luken muxes on both AMC-7 (137W) and SES-2 (87W) changed frequencies. On AMC-7, this meant a move from 4160 to 4000, and on SES-2, we combined 3800 and 4080 into a single transponder on 3920. For most viewers and broadcast TV affiliates, this transition went smoothly, but some whose dishes were slightly out of alignment or LNBs were slightly off polarity needed to correct these issues. For some home viewers, certain receivers seem to be having issues decoding our signal for reasons I have not yet been able to explain. Certain models of the AZ Box are known to have this issue, for example. I do not have a full list of impacted receivers.

Additionally, due to our use of DVB-S2 8PSK with an FEC of 5/6 in order to have enough bandwidth to provide all the services we do, our signal is likely the most difficult to receive on either satellite. It is not that we want to make it challenging to receive, but rather it is the tradeoff we have made to ensure we can provide as many services as possible without having to spend the money on additional satellite space.

For clarity, here is tuning information for our transponders:

SES-2 (87W)
3920H 29125
DVB-S2 8PSK
FEC 5/6

AMC-7 (137W)
4000H 29125
DVB-S2 8PSK
FEC 5/6

AMC-9 (83W) Ku feed
11735H 4439
DVB-S
FEC 3/4

I hope this helps in some way and that you are able to continue watching our networks.

Broadcast Engineer
Luken Communications, LLC

took me right out of the ball game. i am going to look at 83 and see if there are some options for me.

Did some tweaking of the 8 footer today and RTV is locked in at 60-65% on 87W and 65-70 on 137W. For whatever reason 137W seems easier for me to lock in and it used to be the other way around. Either way I'm getting them pretty good now in Ohio

What are the broadcast affiliates using to receive either C-band signal?
Specifically dish size, but info on LNBs, feeds, or receivers would be interesting,too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts