RTV?????????????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
What has happened to their schedule? All the programs I was watching and recording have dissappeared. I thought it was the Dallas affiliate but checking the web it's all become garbage.

They just dropped everything all at once. Not 1 or 2 series being dropped and replaced but they did the whole line up and I think every thing is older. I guess I'll be spending more time on Live Well Network(LWN) on 8.3 sort of a HGTV type of service.

contracts must have been up.

And RTV use to have customized feeds besides the "national" one. The customized ones were in areas where other stations had the rights to some of the shows. Now RTV stripped all of those and went nationwide with all feeds

sad :(

Almost as sad as when Equity went belly-up.

Are the commercials specific to each station? If not, why have anything but a couple of feeds? All those channels and .......

DRCars

Almost as sad as when Equity went belly-up.
so true

Are the commercials specific to each station? If not, why have anything but a couple of feeds? All those channels and .......

I don't know as I cant get those specific feeds. I can get the national feed. Commercials will be different as will the ID. But since this is new change maybe Luken (RTV owner) will take down those other feeds?

In Phoenix, RTV is on 7.2 and ME TV was added to 7.3. They are going to swap the two on 9/1. I'd rather see them pick up "ME2" and drop the RTV package all together. The lineup they currently have is horrible. If I were operating an affiliate, I would drop them in a heartbeat. God only knows how the local affiliates could sell any air time.

Me2 wont come to satellite (and in turn channels outside of Chicago). The programs on MeToo Weigel (the owner) doesnt have the right to go nationwide. Before MeTV went nationwide alot of the programs on MeToo were on MeTV. The day they went nationwide they shifted programs around.

I think RTV is still customizing. RTN7 does not play 2 hours of Daniel Boone every day in prime time (thank goodness). One of those hours is Highway to Heaven.

This new schedule really sucks, I guess AntennaTV must be really hurting them. I wonder if NBC/Universal is going to start their own retro network since they pulled all of their programming (Incredible Hulk, ATeam, etc). That was pretty much all I watched on RTN anyways.

Rumor is NBCUniversal is going to offer the shows online as a library, but I would not be surprised if they start their own retro subchannel.

A station worker on another forum said RTV never left on they were losing the NBC catalog........heads will roll come contract time. Unless they purchase the warner library.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)