Rumble TV / Ammerican Horror 97w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So... I lost my strong signals on this transponder two or three days ago. Is it just me?

It might have, i lost it on my 8' but, still have it on my 10'. I used to have no problem on my 8' . However, it is snowing right now, so that might be affecting the signal a bit.

But, then, i am not going to worry about signal reception on this MUX until they broadcast more than REPEAT mode. Seems to me like they are wasting a lot of money.

Reactions: MosFET77
It might have, i lost it on my 8' but, still have it on my 10'. I used to have no problem on my 8' . However, it is snowing right now, so that might be affecting the signal a bit.

But, then, i am not going to worry about signal reception on this MUX until they broadcast more than REPEAT mode. Seems to me like they are wasting a lot of money.
Seems like its been on for what 8 months? Ya that would be kinda a waste of money!

I had a pretty steady 93 % Signal and a 72% Quality on my 6 ft. dish until a few days ago.
But Yeah, it seemed like a big waste of money to be looping that promo and booming out the signal... Seemed like about 6 months to me.
I have no idea if the Satellite company charges less for lower power signals, but if it does, it would make sense to lower the power while negotiating for the programming and finding advertisers, yet still have some of the infrastructure in place.

Anybody know what the holdup is? Or is this whole thing some sort of prank?

No, it probably is\was legit, but likely the same thing happened as always: They couldn't/haven't as of yet managed to get the financial backing that they need. Satellite broadcasting is expensive, and you need DEEP pockets, and some way to keep at least enough money rolling in to pay the costs...

Reactions: norman881
OK. Sort of been following this a while.
Seems like one of those things that never ends. Hope it works out, but everything I've read by the supposed owner seems sort of.....IDK. Unprofessional?

I imagine it costs a lot to build and put a satellite into orbit and that money needs to be recouped somehow, so its expensive to put a channel up.

Reactions: N6BY
How do you "recoup" money without ever having a channel?

Did he build and put this sat in orbit? I don't think so.

Hope they get it up and running, wish them the best. I like the concept.

It's back in for me also ive been keeping info on the dbm its at from a month ago

Reactions: Horsepower

He didn't build and put the satellite in orbit, no. That's not what I meant.

The company that owns the satellite will charge high prices to recoup the cost of building, launching the satellite and to make a profit on the whole venture, not the RumbleTv/American Horror people.

I hope they can get it up and running too.

No, it probably is\was legit, but likely the same thing happened as always: They couldn't/haven't as of yet managed to get the financial backing that they need. Satellite broadcasting is expensive, and you need DEEP pockets, and some way to keep at least enough money rolling in to pay the costs...

Seems a bit odd they spend the money just to run a loop for over 5 months while they could have had some programming on there with advertiser $$$ coming in to pay for it or at least help pay for it. Cost is still the same I presume.
The way it was done they had zip, nothing at all to show for it.
As of Monday (Christmas Day) the signal is gone from 97w and has not returned.

Seems a bit odd they spend the money just to run a loop for over 5 months while they could have had some programming on there with advertiser $$$ coming in to pay for it or at least help pay for it. Cost is still the same I presume.
The way it was done they had zip, nothing at all to show for it.
As of Monday (Christmas Day) the signal is gone from 97w and has not returned.

I don't know. Since they have an account here and have posted to this thread, I just checked it. He last logged in a little over 6 hours ago. So, maybe we'll know something more concrete soon.

Anyone have a ballpark figure what pitcom or someone charges monthly for their link services? Would be fun to have your own satellite channel. ;) I can see it quickly turning into an expensive nightmare though. Apart from advertising, finding royalty free content could be tricky.

Anyone have a ballpark figure what pitcom or someone charges monthly for their link services? Would be fun to have your own satellite channel. ;) I can see it quickly turning into an expensive nightmare though. Apart from advertising, finding royalty free content could be tricky.

I'm sure it would be MUCH cheaper to start an internet channel, and you could get more people watching much quicker.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts