Rumor Alert: Channels Changing Packages

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yea and then I'd be able to not subscribe to everything else. It sounds like a good fantasy, but it will never happen. All those worthless channels would have few subs.
But the worthless channels probably have great ratings. I think Bravo and A&E are garbage, but they are doing very well rating wise. Channels like SyFy may have issues though.

But the worthless channels probably have great ratings. I think Bravo and A&E are garbage, but they are doing very well rating wise. Channels like SyFy may have issues though.
Therein lies the true answer. You think Bravo and A&E are garbage, I like and watch programming off of A&E. Joe Blow hates sports, I love them. On the other hand, I don't watch, or have a need for, kiddie programming. I also realize that the service isn't geared toward my likes or dislikes. It's a big world out there and somebody is going to like something that nobody else likes....

Therein lies the true answer. You think Bravo and A&E are garbage, I like and watch programming off of A&E. Joe Blow hates sports, I love them. On the other hand, I don't watch, or have a need for, kiddie programming. I also realize that the service isn't geared toward my likes or dislikes. It's a big world out there and somebody is going to like something that nobody else likes....
Everybody's favourite channels are like opinions and @$$holes, everybody has one :)

Reactions: Tampa8 and ChadT41
Exactly. What is "worthless" is in the eye of the beholder. A&E and Bravo may very well be better bargains (ratings to fee) for Dish to broadcast verses ESPN. A la carte isn't coming to the set top box services, so most of the talk is wasted hypotheticals.

NATGW will move to the AT200 package on 5/31
I know it's not related, but does NatGeo allow access to their streaming service using our Dish credentials ? I tried to add their channel yesterday, it re-directed to Dish, and on the website, it said it was all good and activated. On the Roku (app), it gave an error about not being authorized. At first I thought it was related to the quoted part but I didn't realize this was for Nat Geo Wild until now, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I have AT120 and it includes Nat Geo's 'base' channel.

I just checked and my nat geo on the roku is working fine. I had to reauthorize as it said my last session expired, but everything works once i reauthorized using my dish credentials. I have at200 which includes the base, but not natgeo wild.

I plan to try it again but I got tired of it yesterday (got the new Roku stick and set up/authorized almost a dozen channels).

Looking at the report from James Long at the least some of the changes were made. I see BHTV is now finally labeled LAFF.

This will be good Bundelisga fans. FS2 was dead air space for many. And now I'll be able to watch more of the Copa America.

What happened to LOGO channel? My wife watches crap on that one all day long and I see it is still listed on the DISH website in the top 250 and Everything pack , but I don't even see a red channel version in the guide under all channels. I don't have it locked out either.

Just to be sure you are looking for it at 254.... It is now hidden if not subscribed to and as you do mention I think it is now only in the Top250/Everything. If you have that I would try an account refresh.

Is TV Land now in the Welcome Pack? I receive it now and it's not listed as a free preview channel.
I also have TV Land with Welcome Pack. However, my deactivated receivers also get TV Land, and that usually only happens with free preview channels. Dish has been slow to update the free preview page on the website lately, and the free previews apparently no longer show up in the Uplink Reports. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)