Rumor Alert - Goodbye DISH Platinum... Hello Blockbuster Movie Pass!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
*** RUMOR ALERT ***

Goodbye DISH Platinum... hello Blockbuster Movie Pass.

The $10 package will be renamed and will include 1 movie out at a time (with unlimited swaps in BB stores)

Anyone can add the Blockbuster Movie Pass for $10 a month in any package above the Welcome Package.

More to come I am sure. :)

So, if I understand right, the changes are: same channels with a new name, and one free dvd rental per month?

No...

One DVD out at a time... send it back in and get your next movie sent to you...

And I am also guessing it includes Blockbuster @ Home streaming as well. ;)

Anxious to hear the details. Sounds like something I might be interested in. Dropped Netfix dvd/Qwickster yesterday after hearing about the split, never did get a email. On Dish America now, not interested in higher packages, but would supplement with a good streaming/dvd service @ a reasonable price.

So, as a Dish Platinum Subscriber, the money I am already paying will provide streaming and 1 out DVD rentals like Netflix??

I really don't care about the DVDs, but the streaming would be nice.

Will the Streaming be through the Vip 722? Or will it require a roku box or something?

Let's say we can stream through our VIP boxes. If you have 2 tuners can you stream 2 different shows at the same time? This should be very interesting. I really hope we can stream through the receivers.

Streaming (too) is Scott's guess. I'm hopeful that it will be possible, because I do not watch movies on my computer. I'm worried that the BB@Home will require us to log onto DO with a PC. :(

The only reason I am thinking the streaming is coming the 722's is because I saw some software release notes that mentioned about support for Blockbuster @HOME. ;)

But with that said I am just putting pieces of the puzzle together which is why this is a RUMOR ALERT. :D

The only reason I am thinking the streaming is coming the 722's is because I saw some software release notes that mentioned about support for Blockbuster @HOME. ;)

But with that said I am just putting pieces of the puzzle together which is why this is a RUMOR ALERT. :D

How about the 922?ty for help and reply :)

For the first time in a while I can say I believe Dish has finally hit a HR. Not just a HR, but a Grandslam.

When Dish first bought BB, I thought it was a very bad move. Now I see this as ingenious.

With Netflix doing some really lame and very questionable moves, Dish is now in prime territory to swoop in. Could not be better timing for them.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

No...

One DVD out at a time... send it back in and get your next movie sent to you...

And I am also guessing it includes Blockbuster @ Home streaming as well. ;)

Scott is Dish discontinuing the Dish Platinum channels and replacing it with the DVD service? I'm confused. Are the channels going to be added to AT200 or 250??

Thanks
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts