Rumor Alert

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since my team usually plays about 7:00-7:30 pm on Saturdays, I am glad to be able to once again be able to cheer them on from my living room...instead of in front of my computer following along on a podcast....will keep fingers crossed this "rumor" becomes reality........FORKS UP!!!

Like many other West Coast fans I am hoping this rumor is true. To answer some of the questions about the "600 channels" that was before Pac 12 Networks was launched, Larry Scott when he took over the Pac 12 had all the schools TV deals and packaged them together-this enabled a large deal with ESPN/FOX and also gave the Pac 12 the money to launch Pac 12 Networks. About a year ago Larry Scott was on a local SF sport stalk station and he was pretty confident that once the AT&T buyout of DirecTV was approved we'd see Pac 12 Network show up on DirecTV. Obviously we don't know what he was told, but he felt pretty confident in the ATT/Pac 12 marketing relationship.

It will be interesting to see what and how it launches on DirecTV-currently Dish I believe only carries the Nat'l channel and not the local RSNs whereas Cable is usually carrying the Nat'l channel and the local RSN (Xfinity shows the local RSN in HD but not the Nat'l channel). I really don't care, as long as we see the Pac 12 games and hopefully an overflow channel for when there's two games going at once.

Quick note-first game for CFB on Pac 12 is Thursday Sept 3-so a week of testing with a launch targeting Sept 2/3 would make sense for DirecTV. Everything would be in place before the season begins.

Reactions: nvsundevil
Like many other West Coast fans I am hoping this rumor is true. To answer some of the questions about the "600 channels" that was before Pac 12 Networks was launched, Larry Scott when he took over the Pac 12 had all the schools TV deals and packaged them together-this enabled a large deal with ESPN/FOX and also gave the Pac 12 the money to launch Pac 12 Networks. About a year ago Larry Scott was on a local SF sport stalk station and he was pretty confident that once the AT&T buyout of DirecTV was approved we'd see Pac 12 Network show up on DirecTV. Obviously we don't know what he was told, but he felt pretty confident in the ATT/Pac 12 marketing relationship.

It will be interesting to see what and how it launches on DirecTV-currently Dish I believe only carries the Nat'l channel and not the local RSNs whereas Cable is usually carrying the Nat'l channel and the local RSN (Xfinity shows the local RSN in HD but not the Nat'l channel). I really don't care, as long as we see the Pac 12 games and hopefully an overflow channel for when there's two games going at once.

Quick note-first game for CFB on Pac 12 is Thursday Sept 3-so a week of testing with a launch targeting Sept 2/3 would make sense for DirecTV. Everything would be in place before the season begins.

If I was a betting man, I think that this is going to end up like how BTN currently is. Your going to see PAC 12 on 612 with overflow channels going on dash channels, like 612-2, 612-3, ect. If you look in the RSN's you will notice that all of the additional overflow channels have now been placed on the dash counterparts. CSNCH's overflow is no longer on channel 666. It's now on 665-2. I don't see them adding the national HD channel only as like BTN they show to many games concurrently.

Reactions: Jimbo
If I was a betting man, I think that this is going to end up like how BTN currently is. Your going to see PAC 12 on 612 with overflow channels going on dash channels, like 612-2, 612-3, ect. If you look in the RSN's you will notice that all of the additional overflow channels have now been placed on the dash counterparts. CSNCH's overflow is no longer on channel 666. It's now on 665-2. I don't see them adding the national HD channel only as like BTN they show to many games concurrently.

If a restructuring of the channel mapping happens, with AT&T U-verse/DirecTV, and with current U-verse and current DirecTV subscribers getting one mapped lineup … the 600s would be enough to slot the national and college (say, 600s–640s) and the regional/multi-regional (say, 650s–690s) sports programming thanks to the “dashes” used by DirecTV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a restructuring of the channel mapping happens, with AT&T U-verse/DirecTV, and with current U-verse and current DirecTV subscribers getting one mapped lineup … the 600s would be enough to slot the national and college (say, 600s–640s) and the regional/multi-regional (say, 650s–690s) sports programming thanks to the “dashes” used by DirecTV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think uverse is going to be around much longer as ATT has already said they are going to migrate uverse over to DirecTV's platform with new boxes coming to DirecTV such as the media gateway that is coming.

I'm just wondering if they migrate all the channels into one line up I wonder if there will be a way for them to send the sub channels through Iptv

Yes in the digital world channel numbering is one of those things that really doesn't matter. You can assign a channel to show up in any position, as long as the data points to the right stream.

I dont think uverse is going to be around much longer as ATT has already said they are going to migrate uverse over to DirecTV's platform with new boxes coming to DirecTV such as the media gateway that is coming.
Don't hold your breath.
U Verse will be here for a long time, way too much invested to just up and scrap it.

Don't hold your breath.
U Verse will be here for a long time, way too much invested to just up and scrap it.

You dont buy a Satellite TV company just to keep an IPTV platform that sucks down the majority of your internet bandwidth to customers. This is precisely what ATT is doing with Uverse.

AT&T executive John Stankey said that the carrier is moving to "one consistent architecture" for all TV and broadband users that will involve "very thin hardware profiles," likely a nod to cloud DVR support. The company's set top, router and gateway hardware "will become a consolidated, single platform over the next 24-36 months."

"The evolution of our customer experience will bring legacy U-verse and DirecTV customers to a new and common customer experience with personalization features, user controls, and the ability to manage managed and unmanaged content," Stankey said.

From http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/...rse-Users-Will-See-134789?r=0.484079001501176

Reading in between the lines, the one consistent architecture is DirecTV's platform on the TV side with connectivity to the network side. On top of that ATT has stopped investing into Uverse from here,
http://www.fiercecable.com/story/at...new-home-architecture-using-direct/2015-08-12

AT&T said it plans to stop investing in its U-verse CPE platform and will instead use a "derivative" of DirecTV's in-home equipment to create a new, in-home TV product that the company said will display content from AT&T and others. The company also said users would be able to access the same content while outside the home.

If ATT did not intend on ditching the Uverse TV platform they would have continued the investment into it. As well as I hear that all Uverse displays have been replaced with ATT ones at their stores. It totally makes sense as now ATT has the ability to move their internet product into all 50 states as the agreements needed are there with DirecTV. They may still have to deal with franchise agreements in some places but now they can roll out nationally in areas they did not serve before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.