Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

Yada Yada Yada

Here's my reply to the gripe about Turbo HD I sent to ceo@blablabla.com

Ken,

Thank you for email about TurboHD programming. At this time Fox News HD (or Fox Business News HD) is only available in our Classic packages. It has been brought to our attention there are concerns about new HD channels being added to our classic packages instead of the TurboHD packages. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add these channels in our TurboHD packages in the future. Unfortunately, there is no specific time frame we could give.

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued business and support.

Sincerely,

Angeline R

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to reiterate the bit about calling the 1-800-333-DISH number and getting the automated system to refresh your channels.

I called the 1-888-825-2557 number and when I selected technical support it went straight to a live person. They didn't refresh my channels, they told me that the new channels weren't available on my package yet and that they were only available on TurboHD packages (I have the max package, 250 + plat HD,...) So, after getting off the phone I read about half of the pages in this thread and noticed people with my package getting the channels. I then called the 1-800-333-DISH number and used the automated system to refresh my list and now they show up.

So, make sure you call the automated system that asks you to say your response. The first number I called just said press 1, etc... The second number I called asked me to say "one", etc...

Let's be clear - if u subscribe to only TurboHD, no matter which metal pkg, you won't get SPEED or FX. You have to also buy the Classic Silver 200 just to get these channels. That bites as others have mentioned before, their SD channels look like you're watching TV from 30 years ago.

Let's be clear - if u subscribe to only TurboHD, no matter which metal pkg, you won't get SPEED or FX. You have to also buy the Classic Silver 200 just to get these channels. That bites as others have mentioned before, their SD channels look like you're watching TV from 30 years ago.

In essence, those of us with Turbo can plan on getting screwed faster. :rolleyes:

In essence, those of us with Turbo can plan on getting screwed faster. :rolleyes:

Actually, its more like you were promised to go to the prom with the pretty girl in the red dress ... prom night came and she did not show ... so you went to her house to get her and you were told she went with someone else.

Actually, its more like you were promised to go to the prom with the pretty girl in the red dress ... prom night came and she did not show ... so you went to her house to get her and you were told she went with someone else.

Frank: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Jane: Goodyear?

Frank: No, the worst.

Ouch! they hide behind the fact that all the HD channels available at the time you signed up are yours. But as those increase over time on the standard packages, you still only get the original ones you had when you first signed up.
So much for customer loyalty. I am such a 'valued' customer they can't think up enough ways to award new customers without short-changing the old ones.

Imagine a 50,000 mile new car warranty that rolls back the mileage the more you drive...so by the time you reach 25,000 the warranty has expired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)