Rumor: VOOM/Echostar Deal?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I have been told that a deal has been struck and we will hear the details in two weeks :D . Take this as as a rumor only since I know nothing more than this. If you go to the bar, ask for me in a thread. ;)

Sean,

Does that mean VOOM will be no more? Or Voom is going to be part of Echostar? Or VOOm is going to be independent? What type of a deal?

I have been tell you guys for a while enjoy your voom they aren't going anywhere.

t

As I said before this is only a rumor, and nothing has been confirmed yet. But it keeps getting stronger.

Sean has said a lot already. He may know more but for the sake of his future credibility, I wouldn't press him. Just enjoy VOOM and watch the classic..."The tale of Two Charlies." ....I mean ...Two Cities. :D

voom will be a content provider, not a dbs company

no more otas and locals on the sat, on charlies sat

funny, im not an installer, im a tech and i was downloaded a work order for a vip service call for a complete re install for the senior vp of marconi communications , and guess where she is based?
castle rock colorado, ill post pics tomorrow. and believe me she said directv knows what is happening and they dont CARE. she tells me once the spaceway sats go up, rupert is going to have his foot on both chucks throats. it doesnt matter what they do!!!

how do you figure?

i don't think so

so are you saying you are go to colorado to do the install?

so what is happen that we don't already know if you know?

t

TYORK said:
how do you figure?

i don't think so

so are you saying you are go to colorado to do the install?

so what is happen that we don't already know if you know?

t

no im going to a vip call north of pittsburgh, and getting one hell of a trip fee (out of area). the girl is a sr vp for marconi communications(the mods should know of this co.)
and is the leasion for the directv group/ hughes and marconi at castle rock. she said directv knows what s going down at voom and dish AND DOES NOT CARE, that is all i said

t, do you know what castle rock is??

i will post pics

dragon

This is probably another one of Chuck's "letter's of agreement" :D

Lets see if he actually follows through this time with Ergan

dragon,

Here is the story on castle rock.

Welcome to the Town of Castle Rock, home to an estimated 35,000 people who love our small town atmosphere, low crime rate, abundant parks and open space, historic downtown shopping district and clean air.

Located midway between Denver and Colorado Springs, Castle Rock occupies 33 square miles, it is the home to the Outlets at Castle Rock, and is the seat of Douglas County.

The Town lies at an elevation of 6,202 feet, in the Plum Creek Valley along Interstate 25 at the base of the Rocky Mountains. Our climate is known to be one of the best in the nation with more than 300 days of sunshine, clear blue skies and less than 15 inches of precipitation each year.

Incorporated in 1881, Castle Rock offers a charming historic downtown, along with great amenities and excellent housing. We invite you to explore our community and learn about how our Council-Manager form of government works, about the services we provide, and about the people who do everything from manage the budget to plow your streets.

You can also learn more about our community by watching our award winning television news magazine, Castle Rock View, on DC8, channel 22 or on line.

t

If Voom goes content provider, then Charlie can get rid of all that duplicative programming Voom is broadcasting that Dish already has on its birds. All the stuff Ergan has on his regular sats like ESPN, CNN etc can be eliminated on 61.5. Then Ergan will have space for HDLILs.