Rumor: VOOM/Echostar Deal?

Well if Voom is a content provider there is no need to broadcast the same channels twice on the Echostar satellites.

If Charlie gets Rainbow 1 you can be sure he will use those spotbeams and not waste it on conus operation

i don't think they will merge together they are both pretty hard headed so i can image them on the same side.

But who know i seen stranger>

t

dragon002 said:
silversurfer, there it goes again, the mouth runs and runs..........

I think you could have provided the information without adding flaming sarcasim and trying to act like your sticking it to VOOM Subs. If you want to be treated with respect...I think you have to show the same courtesy. Who cares what DIRECT knows or doesn't. All the more reason to make sure there are more competitors.

Maybe its not a merger. But rather the fact that if a Voom subscriber still wants to get basic SD channels they will have to subscribe to AT60 or above (which may require subs to have a dish pointed to 110/119) The Voom originals will be billed by VOOM and only include the 21 originals.

It may actually be an add on service.

Ergan would control the capacity of the satellite for whatever he sees fit. IE HDLIL

If you really want to speculate The original 21 could be a premium tier sold through Echostar just how Ecostar sells the Premium tier of HBO or Starz.

maybe that is why the guy post last night that he seen a oval dish in his office .

t

I thought it was already reported that Charles left Charlie's house without a deal in hand and that no deal would/could be made because Charlie was standing firm that he didn't need Voom or anything associated with Voom except for the bird?

That was a SATBIZ story. Although many find SATBIZ reliable...You would have to prove it to me.

TYORK said:
dragon,

Here is the story on castle rock.

Welcome to the Town of Castle Rock, home to an estimated 35,000 people who love our small town atmosphere, low crime rate, abundant parks and open space, historic downtown shopping district and clean air.

Located midway between Denver and Colorado Springs, Castle Rock occupies 33 square miles, it is the home to the Outlets at Castle Rock, and is the seat of Douglas County.

The Town lies at an elevation of 6,202 feet, in the Plum Creek Valley along Interstate 25 at the base of the Rocky Mountains. Our climate is known to be one of the best in the nation with more than 300 days of sunshine, clear blue skies and less than 15 inches of precipitation each year.

Incorporated in 1881, Castle Rock offers a charming historic downtown, along with great amenities and excellent housing. We invite you to explore our community and learn about how our Council-Manager form of government works, about the services we provide, and about the people who do everything from manage the budget to plow your streets.

You can also learn more about our community by watching our award winning television news magazine, Castle Rock View, on DC8, channel 22 or on line.

t

im glad you can google, it is also the world wide up link center for news corp/ directv

dragon

I would hate to have to use E*, however, it would be better than going with D*, they won't ever get my business. I will go back to cable before I go with D*, I don't care what they do/have.

dragon002 said:
im glad you can google, it is also the world wide up link center for news corp/ directv

dragon

No Sh*T but i thought we were talking about Voom on this thread so i had to do a serch to see if it was connected to voom and that what i came up with

sorry mark that one wrong for me.

t

I installed the voom eboard on my desktop.

It is blinking update, but will not open. Anyone else see it blinking?

What does it say?

philhu said:
I installed the voom eboard on my desktop.

It is blinking update, but will not open. Anyone else see it blinking?

What does it say?

Mine was blinking too and it opened to a March/April newsletter. Nothing new except a listing of all the new channels that were added. Nothing about the DVR or any additional channels.

It did list channel 340 FSNFL as being in the VAVAVOOM package but I think that is another lie.

340 FSNFL - Currently it's in Voom, but if they are thinking about moving it, that would be bad.

Voom a content provider??

Do you mean like Starz movie channels where if you buy the whole package then you get all 12 or so Starz channels that a provider offers or like the HBO packages? So, if you pay a certain amount you can get the Voom package from Dish Network which features 21 channels of exclusive HD content such as 10 cinema channels, RaveHD (the only HD music channel), and more? I'm not saying this as a package available right now on Dish Network, but does the description I just gave match the rumor? It looks like my brother will be satisfied then cause he's tired of paying out 10 bucks a month for 3 or 4 HD channels.

vurbano said:
Walter can you make a thread enema link?
Damn...thought I had already done that a few times...must be the booze...can't be my memory (or can it?)... :confused: ;)

Well anyway, enema remedies posted here...http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=46077 or this...http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=55662 and just for good measure, this...http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=61296 ...relief should come soon. Substitute targets if necesssary, and if you need to call me in the morning, please just don't make it too early. Thanks, Vicki :)

dragon002 said:
silversurfer, there it goes again, the mouth runs and runs..........

Call for your friend and explain what you were thinking by posting this? All Ive ever seen TYORK do is help people here and you say something so threatening and insulting as this?

Originally Posted by dragon002
t,

forget it, sorry i posted

sorry i bothered you

i mean that

when voom goes under i will do everything in my power and use all my contacts to make sure you never touch a directv system. and i am serious , if you are using your real name teresa york, i WILL make sure you dont do directv ever again., BTW at the wild blue meeting they all thought you were a guy, you should have heard the laughs
when i told them you are
shocked.gif
a chick
shocked.gif

dragon

Yep, Dragon002, your mouth runs and runs, but when it's coming from an anemic lizard...I don't tend to worry just yet...not for VoOm, TYORK, or any of the rest of us who actually enjoy VoOming as opposed to listening to trolls barfing...troll barf is nasty...but not fatal. Vicki
SaiyanSmilie_anim.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts